Burnley (A) Post Match Thread

Didn't see the game as was in work till 4.

Obivously disappointed we couldn't get the 3 points but on the other hand i have always said no matter who we play in the league a point away is always better than getting none.

On the plus side we are now into February currently 13 points clear and plus 22 on gd.

I don't like getting too far ahead of myself and always stick to the mantra one game at a time and see where that takes us.

Last edited:
Someone made an interesting point. After last weekend we were 12 points clear, two games later and we are 13 points clear so we have actually gained a point, as disappointing not winning today was.

Thank God we have a clear week now before the next game, if I was Pep I wouldn't have them in until Wednesday at least, we need to rest totally. The amount of games and our injuries are mentally and physically taking it's toll. Credit to Burnley for hanging in there though people forget they have a fair few injuries as well.

It is a shame we couldn't have got another forward in before the window shut, I'd have even taken Giroud for the price, just s different option for games like today.

I don't think taking off Sterling was a good idea. He was playing well except for finishing. There have been games in the past when his finishing was off most of the game, only to come up with a goal. Diaz as good as he is is yet to prove that he can score regularly against league teams. He's lightweight and needs more coaching.

Sterling was already in scoring spaces, it's just a matter of time before one of his attempts go in.

Someone made an interesting point. After last weekend we were 12 points clear, two games later and we are 13 points clear so we have actually gained a point, as disappointing not winning today was.

Thank God we have a clear week now before the next game, if I was Pep I wouldn't have them in until Wednesday at least, we need to rest totally. The amount of games and our injuries are mentally and physically taking it's toll. Credit to Burnley for hanging in there though people forget they have a fair few injuries as well.

It is a shame we couldn't have got another forward in before the window shut, I'd have even taken Giroud for the price, just s different option for games like today.
Peps stated the cfa is shut until weds and they're all to forget about football. Perfect timing as well. They'll be back refreshed ready to tear into Leicester and get us back on track.

I don't think taking off Sterling was a good idea. He was playing well except for finishing. There have been games in the past when his finishing was off most of the game, only to come up with a goal. Diaz as good as he is is yet to prove that he can score regularly against league teams. He's lightweight and needs more coaching.

Sterling was already in scoring spaces, it's just a matter of time before one of his attempts go in.

I thought it was odd too he was finding space out there. If we were fetching on a proven goalscorer maybe but not the game for a rookie kid.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
All in all a good week

Extended our lead by a point and two more games ticked off
In amongst the gloom and doom, a light can sometimes be seen. But only if you’re prepared to look for that light!
Well said sir, we have much to be thankful for.

Just logged on knowing as we’ve not won this thread would be over 50 pages, guess all the doom and gloom era plus the odd rag twat has swelled it out.

As for the match.

Not as clinical as usual but still did enough to have won it easily. Can’t say I’m overly fussed apart from the over 100 goal bet I’ve had.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.