Burnley (A) | Post Match Thread

Very composed performance in a high pressure situation.

Game never in doubt from the moment KDB crashed the first in.

Not a spectacular display, had gears in reserve, but just what was needed at the start of a crucial and compacted run of matches.

Positives: the win and three points; the quality of our game in the first 25 minutes; not too much exertion; Sterling and Sterling-Kdb chemistry; Gundo's movement is just too pleasing to eyes
Negatives: the last 65 minutes was the death of football; me still watching it (because I am City freak); the goal difference (hello, it might be crucial!); Jesus falling off the cross

So why not give him time then? It's not just you, by the way. But you do seem to have different tolerance levels to certain players. Sterling had a ropey 18 months, but has emerged from it. Perhaps Jack will, as well?
I can still question his place in the team now as lots of others do

Always try to ignore the fee when judging Grealish , but its difficult when he plays like today ,he contributed next to nothing Jesus did more in twenty minutes than Jack did all the game , we need more end product ,Pep has backed him 100% and picked him when others have probably had a better shout for a starting place.
Ive no doubt Jack will improve over the next twelve months , but we need something different on the left right now the business end of the season, Foden or Sterling will produce far more.
Not piling on to Jack but it's not just today. He's had about one really good game in three.
No need to panic though next season is when he should ultimately be judged.

Always try to ignore the fee when judging Grealish , but its difficult when he plays like today ,he contributed next to nothing Jesus did more in twenty minutes than Jack did all the game , we need more end product ,Pep has backed him 100% and picked him when others have probably had a better shout for a starting place.
Ive no doubt Jack will improve over the next twelve months , but we need something different on the left right now the business end of the season, Foden or Sterling will produce far more.
Sterling needs to stick to the right side, for me. Much more likely to take a player on. He's just more comfortable there. You can see it.

Only 3 more away games left - Wolves, West Ham and Leeds. Win next week, win the title.
No. Definitely not. If we win next week, we're still only 4 points ahead. But if that scenario pans out, it will be a very good position to be in. If we beat Liverpool, we'll have seven games left, and we can then afford to lose one. And the away game at WHU will not be easy. But it's the second last game (I think), so (with a bit of luck), it may not matter.

Sterling was great today. He has got his form back at just the right time. We will need everyone firing over the next couple of months.

I can still question his place in the team as lots of others do
I did say you're not the only one. Yes, he hasn't hit the ground running. But I'm prepared to give him time. I remember people being underwhelmed with Cancelo and Rodri in their early period with us. But they came good. And I'm hoping that Jack will as well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.