Burnley (A) | Post Match Thread

Had a good view of the first two goals being being central behind the goal in home end.

Rodri was superb in moving the ball around. Rico was targeted again being bundled over a few times and no protection.

Had to smile coming out the concourse with wayfinding signage everywhere with ‘early leavers’ this way.

Reactions: CC1
What a load of rubbish. Did you know that he doesn’t drink during the season? “Lad stuff” FFS he celebrated winning the treble. Wouldn’t you? He looks fit and Pep HAS to rotate with all the games coming up. We should not need every one of our best players to beat Burnley.
I agree he can celebrate after winning the treble but for me, he didn’t look so great in pre-season / charity shield…..Foden and Cole were far better so should be played until Jack raises his level again. Maybe he will start in the super cup - very important trophy (for me) :)

Erm us. Neutrals make the Premier League the most watched football product in the world and generates billions. If the product is not exciting and viewership declines then so will the quality of players we watch.

This is not a tribalism “fuck the rags and scousers what they think” way of thinking, it’s the bigger picture. There’s too much football being played and fans aren’t getting value for money.
Many PL games are lopsided though and the atmosphere “non-existent”, as you put it. Been the same for as long as I can remember. It’s not a new phenomenon, nor exclusive to us, so it’s not really our problem, as such.

The club are genuinely worried about his drinking and the inappropriate times hes doing it
I think they are probably just worried about the effect of media tittle tattle on him. There is no way (even at his age) you could be such a physical specimen and perform as he does if there was a drink problem. The days when you could do a George best and function at the top level are long gone.

Was fortunate enough to get an invite tonight at the last minute so a nice bit of hospitality and seats in the Burnley end so had to sit on my hands although found it hard when the second went in and almost jumped but just kept it in check!

I thought we did what we had to do. Great start with an early goal and a quality second after what I thought was a fairly sloppy patch of play by our standards, constantly giving the ball away. Bit sloppy too start of second half but soon took control again and a third to finish it off.

Shame about KDB. Perhaps it was a game too soon with hindsight.

Thought Akanji, Ake and Walker were great along with Rodri. Great goals from Haaland and the work rate of all was good. Other players a bit hit and miss at times.

All in all a great win to start the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.