Burnley (A) | Post Match Thread

That graphic of City defender money spent versus the Burnley entire squad spend was a sad indictment of Sky Sports. Bag of sad, pathetic cunts.
The graphic was
City defenders £424m
Burnley history £360m

We know we’re overstacked and we fully expect at least 1 to leave. Maybe 2. Now assuming we lose cancelo and laporte this instantly flips to £320m v £360m

But united defenders:
Martinez £50m
Malacia £12m
Varane £35m
Maguire £80m
Wan Bissaka £50m
Dalot £18m
Lindelof £30m
Bailly £30m
Shaw £30m
Total £335m

And chelsea:
Disasi £40m
Fofana £72m
Cucurella £60m
Badiashile £30m
Gusto £25m
Chilwell £45m
Plus academy and frees
Total £272m

No real difference. But makes a nice meme for the agenda

I know which defender group id want

Period after the second goal leading up to half time was majestic. A narrow 5 in the middle of Rodri, Bernardo, Kovacic, Foden, Alvarez absolutely bamboozled the Burnley players.

So many flicks, lay offs, interchanging positions- really incredible fluid football.

Obviously still a bit rusty but watching that football will never get tiring. Incredible.

Boring, Boring City!

I managed to swindle a ticket in the hospitality area via work, and I was that close to the dugout, that I could've rubbed both Pep's and Vinnys bald heads.

It was difficult to focus on the game being that close. Watching Pep and Vinny do their thing was absolutely fantastic. We all know how relentless Pep can be, but to see it up close just brings it home how intense he is, and what he demands from his players. I don't think a single player was left out regarding his shouting, gesturing and tinkering. One thing of note was he bollocked Rodri for attempting a long pass to Kovacic, late on the 1st half. However, he was shouting Mateo, Mateo, Why? Why make that run? Kovacic was looking at home and did a don't know gesture similar to to that Alan Partridge gif used on here regularly. Made me laugh.

Buzzer and Txiki were sat really close by and I have to say that Mike Summerbee is a fantastic representative. Chatting away, signing photos etc without any hint of reluctance. A great bloke.

Craig Bellamy still has that fire, arguing with the 4th official etc.

Obviously, Haaland will rightly get all the plaudits, but I really enjoyed watching both Kyle walker and Phil Foden. Phil is a sublime footballer that could be one of the greats I really hope we see the very best of him over the next few seasons because he's brilliant. Kyle is one aggressive, beast of a player that opposing wide players must be shit scared of facing as he takes no prisoners.

Don't know if it was picked up by the cameras but when Kyle was subbed soon after that awful challenge on him, there was a Burnley fan who was clearly very annoyed at Kyle about the sending off. He was shouting at him, giving abuse and hand gestures. Kyle was laughing at him, telling him to fuck right off which only angered this bloke further. Jack got involved too and you could see Kyle and Jack laughing at this bloke through the perspex dugout. Goading him a little.

Saw a lot that I just don't see from SS level 2 at our place. A brilliant experience and a brilliant result.
Great post

Couldnt really see from my seat but when KDB walked to the changing rooms he was getting shit from the inbreds in the corner, he did a hand signal in return, was he holding up 3 fingers?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.