Burnley (A) | Post Match Thread

In answer to the Twitter clickbait merchants, in the 25 most expensive PL transfers ever:
Manchester United 8
Chelsea 6
Manchester City 4
Liverpool 3
Arsenal 3
Newcastle 1

The narrative simply no longer washes, and never really did.
I love the simplicity of a stat like that. I can see in my head the heads of the knuckledragging rag claiming that we've ruined football or are inflating the market blowing up.

I managed to swindle a ticket in the hospitality area via work, and I was that close to the dugout, that I could've rubbed both Pep's and Vinnys bald heads.

It was difficult to focus on the game being that close. Watching Pep and Vinny do their thing was absolutely fantastic. We all know how relentless Pep can be, but to see it up close just brings it home how intense he is, and what he demands from his players. I don't think a single player was left out regarding his shouting, gesturing and tinkering. One thing of note was he bollocked Rodri for attempting a long pass to Kovacic, late on the 1st half. However, he was shouting Mateo, Mateo, Why? Why make that run? Kovacic was looking at home and did a don't know gesture similar to to that Alan Partridge gif used on here regularly. Made me laugh.

Buzzer and Txiki were sat really close by and I have to say that Mike Summerbee is a fantastic representative. Chatting away, signing photos etc without any hint of reluctance. A great bloke.

Craig Bellamy still has that fire, arguing with the 4th official etc.

Obviously, Haaland will rightly get all the plaudits, but I really enjoyed watching both Kyle walker and Phil Foden. Phil is a sublime footballer that could be one of the greats I really hope we see the very best of him over the next few seasons because he's brilliant. Kyle is one aggressive, beast of a player that opposing wide players must be shit scared of facing as he takes no prisoners.

Don't know if it was picked up by the cameras but when Kyle was subbed soon after that awful challenge on him, there was a Burnley fan who was clearly very annoyed at Kyle about the sending off. He was shouting at him, giving abuse and hand gestures. Kyle was laughing at him, telling him to fuck right off which only angered this bloke further. Jack got involved too and you could see Kyle and Jack laughing at this bloke through the perspex dugout. Goading him a little.

Saw a lot that I just don't see from SS level 2 at our place. A brilliant experience and a brilliant result.
Thanks for sharing. Great insight to the stuff we miss. What actually constitutes hospitality in Burnley, a corned beef butty and mug of tea?

A typical early City game when the team isnt 100% match fit.
Keep the ball, slow the game down.
Players clearly rusty but nothing to worry about, it's a 9 month season.

The passing at the back was great and had me shitting it a few times. Than it would suddenly go into panic mode lol a better team might have scored.

Couldnt really see from my seat but when KDB walked to the changing rooms he was getting shit from the inbreds in the corner, he did a hand signal in return, was he holding up 3 fingers?
Even he knows they are inbread! Lol

Playing this game mid/late season when fit and needing the result without a CL game 48 hours later would have given us a cricket score.

We did them with a half team last year when they were buzzing, if this is the best the Championship can offer it gives Wolves/Everton a very good chance if surviving.
Suspect the gap between the top seven clubs and the rest is only going to widen, and the idea that anyone can beat anyone rings more hollow.

Thanks for sharing. Great insight to the stuff we miss. What actually constitutes hospitality in Burnley, a corned beef butty and mug of tea?
Hahaha. Having never had a hospitality ticket before, I didn't know what to expect.

To be fair it was a really down to earth experience. Starter and a carvery pre match with beers etc. Beers ordered and ready on table at half time and post match beers with cheese and biscuits on table after the final whistle.

Food was nice but I wouldn't give up a few pre match pints in a proper pub and a chip barm for the walk to the ground for it.

But the view from the seat was fantastic. God knows how much that'd cost at City but fair play to those that have that at the Etihad, it must be amazing to watch our team at that proximity week in, week out.

Hahaha. Having never had a hospitality ticket before, I didn't know what to expect.

To be fair it was a really down to earth experience. Starter and a carvery pre match with beers etc. Beers ordered and ready on table at half time and post match beers with cheese and biscuits on table after the final whistle.

Food was nice but I wouldn't give up a few pre match pints in a proper pub and a chip barm for the walk to the ground for it.

But the view from the seat was fantastic. God knows how much that'd cost at City but fair play to those that have that at the Etihad, it must be amazing to watch our team at that proximity week in, week out.
Sounds really good (I was only joking about the hospitality) and being so close to the action must have been a great experience.

Sounds really good (I was only joking about the hospitality) and being so close to the action must have been a great experience.
Haha, I know fella.

As a one off it was great. I did however keep looking over to our away section (who were brilliant by the way) wishing I was in it all from an atmosphere perspective.

But, like I say, anyone who's lucky enough to have that kind of view regularly is quite privileged.

I'm looking forward to seeing the regular faces next Saturday for the Newcastle game and of course the queue for a beer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.