Burnley (a) pre-match thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a battle and a half and I can see both sides scoring. They will be playing with freedom now they're safe which still makes them dangerous. 2-1 City with this team :

Ederson

Walker
Zinchenko
Stones
Laporte

Gundogan

D.Silva
B.Silva
Sterling
Sane

Aguero

Subs: Muric, Danilo, Kompany, Mahrez, Foden, Jesus, Fernandinho?
Rather nico to john,him and eric looked like strangers the other day

The midfield will be gundogan in the pivot, David and bernardo supporting sane, sterling and aguero...if Burnley can hold that front 5 then fair play... they won't thoigh, another 2-0

This Burnley side is poor and will resort to parking the bus and time wasting from the start.
Burnley received a yellow card for time wasting against Chelsea in the 32nd minute of the first half!

Chelsea should have easily beaten Burnley last week.
Unlike Chelsea, City are clinical in the final third and should comfortably win by 3 or more!

Although last nights game was very stressful, Burnley is going to be a harder game to win.Getting a result versus us will be a right feather in Dyches cap and his way to have a say in the title race, they will probably timewaste from the off,pack the defence, push/pull/kick,try to get free kicks etc to lob the ball into our box and any other tactic to spoil our game.We must be patient,keep the ball, play our usual game and do not give them a sniff, got a feeling we will need to score at least two goals. Dont think I could take it if we entered the last 5/10 mins drawing or just one up, having said all that they might try to play football now they are safe. Anyway, really hope we are comfortable by halftime and that we get no injuries, but ANY KIND OF WIN will do. Just imagine, the dippers will have to go to Barca and then Newcastle knowing they are behind on points. Bring it on.

Fairly certain this will be the tactical plan announced by Pep and the coaching staff at the customary pre-match video review meeting with the players.

He will likely also add these specific instructions he got off Danny Murphy at a sport science clinic he recently attended:

Leave a boot in every now and then; let ‘em know you’re there!
Haha funny post

If we win this one I think all of a sudden our games look easier than theirs
They have two extra mAtches v Barca as well
For me this is the last big test......till Leicester!

Given previous form, we should be winning these last 3 games, at a canter. But given the time in the season, they were
always going to be more difficult than usual. Still expecting 9 points and will be gobsmacked if we don't get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.