Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Burnley (A) Prediction

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A horrible place to go and a horrible team to play at the best of times. I think it will be a draw

Can't risk him if he's not 100%. Angelino over Mendy every time though.
With Burnley's height, Mendy might be useful. I know Zin is back, but I am thinking he needs a weeks full training before he's ready for selection.

Ederson

Cancelo
Stones
Ota
Mendy

Fern
Foden
KDB

Bernardo
Jesus
Sterling

Ederson

Cancelo
Stones
Rodri
Angelino

Diniho
Kdb
D.silva

Bernardo
Jesus
Sterling

The only thing i can say for certain that will happen on tuesday is that sterling will be booked meaning he misses the derby.

Gets more likely in December because of the number of fixtures. And Pep must see the lack of pace in our midfield. It causes problems both defensively and offensively. City were a different side in the 2nd half at home to Chelsea, largely because both Foden and Jesus were able to press Chelsea's defence.
I would agree but we need to temper that with, when they came on, they were fresh legs v tiring ones.

The last few months have shown we play no different regardless of personnel, unless we see players in their actual positions which means wingers who’s strongest foot takes them on the outside and Fernandinho in midfield, I don’t see how we take 3 points from this.

All it will take is for us to be less profligate in spurning chance after chance. We start to convert more, and we can beat anyone in this league any time.

Will be a tough one as ever. Set pieces are a concern as we have many and never look like scoring but always look vulnerable defending corners and free kicks. Unfortunately that’s one of Burnley’s strengths so if we’re going to win we need to score 2 or possibly even 3.

The biggest issue for me at present is our lack of tempo in possession. The last two seasons we played devastating quick controlled football. Our combination of Fernandinho, Silva and De Bruyne was almost perfect as Fernandinho kept us moving quickly, Silva gave us control and De Bruyne gave us a sharp edge.

De Bruyne was always the one likely to give the ball away as he was the one looking for the killer pass or cross. Rodri is slower in possession and seems to have lost confidence in his passing and takes no risks in possession. Silva isn’t able to cover same ground so can’t have the same influence. Gundogan is fine as a 6 but as an 8 he’s not incisive or involved enough.

De Bruyne’s radar is a little off and our movement in front of our midfield 3 isn’t what it was. I don’t know if the poor movement is making passes more difficult or our forwards are deeper as passes aren’t getting through. Whatever it is we need to be more consistently incisive so that we wear defences down. It’s contributing to our defensive woes as it’s giving the opposition confidence to commit numbers forward which was rarely the case before.

Most of the first half and for the early part of the second on Saturday we didn’t stretch Newcastle enough. We only found space in the last 20 minutes. For some reason we are only finding top gear under pressure, we don’t seem able to find out best form and impose ourselves at present and teams aren’t afraid of us anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.