Burnley (A) - Pre-Match Thread

Burnley (A) Prediction

• Win

• Lose

• Draw

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect Pep will play him tonight with the words "don't do anything silly", but there is still a risk in that
If he doesn’t get booked tonight and plays Saturday he’ll miss arsenal away. Best game for him to miss is that irrelevant lot on Saturday.

May be so, but it’s not a game that we should be remotely afraid of going forward, taking sterling out doesn’t affect the result on Saturday. Just the pace at the back!
I know the rags are not playing well, but history tells us that form goes out of the window on derby days and we should not simply assume we will steamroller the scum

I know the rags are not playing well, but history tells us that form goes out of the window on derby days and we should not simply assume we will steamroller the scum
Oh 100%, when we were as shit we still got results. Just on the face of it, I’d rather sterling play tonight and arsenal. Unless he fancies Ben thatchering Young on Saturday, in that case I’ll take his absence v arsenal

Oh 100%, when we were as shit we still got results. Just on the face of it, I’d rather sterling play tonight and arsenal. Unless he fancies Ben thatchering Young on Saturday, in that case I’ll take his absence v arsenal
fair enough, lets hope we are celebrating 3 points tonight and the availability of Sterling for sat

Sterling had a mare there last time out, and apart from poking in a goal, he was pretty shit on the weekend, so maybe give him a rest to recoup and recharge. Plus, it’d be nice to see Bernardo & Mahrez playing wide, switching a time or two, and giving us a slightly different look.

Never an easy place for us to go, as we don’t like teams that stick it up us, pump the ball up, and look for free kicks all over the park to knock up the long ball. As they have shown, Burnley like that far post high ball for either a direct knock in goal, or knocking it back across the box. It is vital that the full backs play their man and that Eddie gets his hands on a few.

Lastly, we need Rodri, KDB, Foden, Mahrez & Bernardo having a crack from the edge of the box, with Jesus getting in in goal to mop up. Hate to say it, given Pep’s stubbornness, but this might be the game to play Stones and Otamendi at the back for the high balls, and let Ferna and Rodri control the game from the middle of the park. That would require a slight change in formation, and sitting a forward, or playing with a false 9 in midfield and playing Mahrez/Bernardo wide right, and Jesus wide left.

Come on, City!!!

City feel vulnerable at the moment. Used to be the case that score first and that was it, but now score first and we still have a problem.

In some ways they are not a good side to be facing, as they have some absolutely searing pace on the counter. I’d be looking at Walker at right back and Cancelo at left back as a possible antidote. Don’t want Otamendi near the place. He’d be off his feet non-stop against Rashford and James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.