Burnley and the Suicide Squad etc.................

What does being a member of this suicide squad involve?Eating a Hollands meat pie?

Superbia said:
Breadsnapper said:
The quote about my daughter was a serious question asked by a health professional, a Dr.
As to the locals THEY ARE VERY STRANGE, a fact. They are parochial a fact. They do not like people from outside what they know FACT. I live round there, I see it on a daily basis. Yes they are friendly but when it comes to football they are not!! My son has been abused by so called blokes coz he worw a City scarf in Burnley town centre. If that's normal then I am glad I am superior as you put it.

The question is asked due to a high asian population where marriage between cousins is commonplace so a whole different debate you are opening there

And of course no City fan would abuse say a United scarf wearer??

But I bow to your obviously superior knowledge and apologise for the "strangeness" of myself, my family, numerous friends, neighbours etc...
But I am not asian and quite clearly my daughter and my wife are not Asian, so why ask the question?
My son is 14 years old 12 years when it happened by grown men (men is plural for man, meaning more than one)

No one has accused YOU your family friends neighbours as being strange. Unless you are of course from around these parts in which case you are proving my arguement

Breadsnapper said:
Superbia said:
The question is asked due to a high asian population where marriage between cousins is commonplace so a whole different debate you are opening there

And of course no City fan would abuse say a United scarf wearer??

But I bow to your obviously superior knowledge and apologise for the "strangeness" of myself, my family, numerous friends, neighbours etc...
But I am not asian and quite clearly my daughter and my wife are not Asian, so why ask the question?
My son is 14 years old 12 years when it happened by grown men (men is plural for man, meaning more than one)

No one has accused YOU your family friends neighbours as being strange. Unless you are of course from around these parts in which case you are proving my arguement

Because it would quite clearly be discrimination to ask the question of only one group, as with any questions on generic surveys etc.

Just find it laughable that so many people are saying avoid Burnley as it is a horrible place but from the safety of behind the keyboard, roll out the same tired crap of the locals being strange, unintelligent, in bred and so on - thought City fans were more original in their humour.

A bit of banter is fine but constant I do find insulting, and if it's wrong to get defensive than so be it, I've never refrained from being defensive about my team so why should I about my town?

Superbia said:
Just find it laughable that so many people are saying avoid Burnley as it is a horrible place but from the safety of behind the keyboard, roll out the same tired crap of the locals being strange, unintelligent, in bred and so on - thought City fans were more original in their humour.

A bit of banter is fine but constant I do find insulting, and if it's wrong to get defensive than so be it, I've never refrained from being defensive about my team so why should I about my town?

Come on, lighten up a bit....

I live nobbut a cock stride away from Turf Moor, used to run a business in the town for several years, and one of my sons is a Burnley season ticket holder.....it's only a bit of fun........

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Superbia said:

Come on, lighten up a bit....

I live nobbut a cock stride away from Turf Moor, used to run a business in the town for several years, and one of my sons is a Burnley season ticket holder.....it's only a bit of fun........

As I said banter is fine, but it's the predictability that bores me. And the assumption that anyone who lives in Burnley is a complete fuck up. Plus it seems the criticism of Burnley fans behaviour is a tad unfair if they are expected to be accused of all and sundry and just sit and toothlessly grin about it while stroking their whippets.

City get accused of plenty of things by various clubs - recently had a difficult discussion with an everton fan over an unfortunate incident where his daughter was injured, but if we all get tarred with the same brush there's an outcry.

Superbia said:
Plus it seems the criticism of Burnley fans behaviour is a tad unfair if they are expected to be accused of all and sundry and just sit and toothlessly grin about it while stroking their whippets.

laugh.gif

what a load of bollocks,i own a number of franchise stores for a well known coffee shop brand one in the shopping centre in Burnley.The locals are brilliant and everybody is passionate about the football club, in my opinion they will be a sad loss to the premier league compared to the likes of,wigan,blackburn,bolton,hull whos support is absolutly sh---e.Its a pity we didnt loan them Weiss,Ireland,Benjani etc.We are going tomorrow night with a load of staff in the Burnley end and cant bloody wait !

cubanheels said:
what a load of bollocks,i own a number of franchise stores for a well known coffee shop brand one in the shopping centre in Burnley.The locals are brilliant and everybody is passionate about the football club, in my opinion they will be a sad loss to the premier league compared to the likes of,wigan,blackburn,bolton,hull whos support is absolutly sh---e.Its a pity we didnt loan them Weiss,Ireland,Benjani etc.We are going tomorrow night with a load of staff in the Burnley end and cant bloody wait !

Coffee? In Burnley!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.