Burnley (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Obsession with goal difference in January is fucking mad when the first place team will have to drop points for us to catch them and we still have to play them away.
Don't think it's an 'obsession' fans just want to see our dominance converted into goals, it's about efficiency not aesthetics.

Last edited:
Job done, pleased we sealed the victory for once before deciding to play a 45 minute keep ball session. The goal at the end is exactly why you don't sit on a slender lead.

Had people questioning my lineup in the pre match thread the other day when I suggested this is a game for Doku and Nunes to shine because of the space they'll get. Happy for Pep to prove me right, both were excellent.

Good day at the office, just need to get a run going now and keep putting pressure on the dippers. Feel like we will have to win at anfield as they wont drop many points themselves which is a tough ask but first things first, keep pace for the next month or so.

Plenty of sloppiness and wasted opportunities particularly from 3 v 2 breaks when the player in possession chose the wrong option.

However, Haaland was nowhere near full fitness so the 20 minutes will have done him good. Nunes had his best game, and on another day, Doku could easily have finished with 2-3 assists.

Job done, pleased we sealed the victory for once before deciding to play a 45 minute keep ball session. The goal at the end is exactly why you don't sit on a slender lead.

Had people questioning my lineup in the pre match thread the other day when I suggested this is a game for Doku and Nunes to shine because of the space they'll get. Happy for Pep to prove me right, both were excellent.

Good day at the office, just need to get a run going now and keep putting pressure on the dippers. Feel like we will have to win at anfield as they wont drop many points themselves which is a tough ask but first things first, keep pace for the next month or so.
Agree with you here, we will need to go there and take all three points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.