Burnley (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Tough on Gvardiol, he has to turn 180 degrees, a pacey winger at Prem standard should get past a fullback like that 99% of the time thats why most just foul Doku, Grealish
A young 'centre back' in his first season, playing out of position and not making critical errors.....give him a break and support the lad.

ENTITLED !!

A young 'centre back' in his first season, playing out of position and not making critical errors.....give him a break and support the lad.

ENTITLED !!
Seems to be a considered opinion on the incident for me unless i'm misreading it!

Last edited:
I didn't think they played that badly, they just weren't much of a threat, they did try to get forward (poor final ball/finishing being their biggest problem), and for the most part they defended quite well.
Burnley came with a game-plan to meet us face to face & play, but what stood out for me was the chasm in quality between both sets of players.

It was night & day in comparison to our team. The only one of their players who immediately stood out was their late substitute Fofana.

Annoyed we didn’t go for a more convincing score line or did the players think we can’t do this to Vincent. Pep has plenty to say when the fans don’t get behind the team but it’s 2 way thing, fucking wet and freezing we needed more goals to jump up for and keep warm sometimes this pass pass pass pisses me off instead of killing them off, rant over come on City .
This passing game has served us and English football well over the years that Pep has been here. Much better than watching the ball in the sky all the time.

Very very rare I leave early but with getting drenched pregame, having a cold Mrs Moon with me & a longer than usual journey home we went on 88 mins. Midnight when I got back to the coast not helped by motorway works closing two lanes.

Game was just waiting for full-time from our third goal.

He'll learn.

Reinforces the need for a natural left back which we've not had since Gael Clichy!!
Still not having a proper left back hasn't hampered us either. Since Pep has been here only Mendy was a proper left back and he was shite. I prefer Ake there myself.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.