Burnley (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Think they were making the wrong decisions by trying to pick Big Erl through the middle instead of the nailed on ball to the right/left (Doku/Nunes both guilty of it).
Erling is going to be a conundrum.

Adjusting our style now to accommodate him could prove disruptive.

We have been fluid and interchangeable, with goals coming from different plays & players

He'll play from the bench for the next few games and hopefully he'll be fully fit,conditioned,in rhythm and razor sharp !!

We have been fluid and interchangeable, with goals coming from different plays & players

He'll play from the bench for the next few games and hopefully he'll be fully fit,conditioned,in rhythm and razor sharp !!
Erling is not a conundrum.
He’s the best centre forward on the planet.
I’m pretty sure having him back is a fucking huge positive and nothing else.

As usual we were a couple of passes short of a cricket score and tried to hard to give Erling a goal
But who thought having a 24 hour bar in the hotel was a good idea when half of Norway were stay!!
And a few Scots and Irish. : (

We completely changed how we played to accommodate Erling, however I've noticed he's slightly changed the way he plays this season which is more accommodating to our style.

Hopefully he'll become more like Kane as he progresses, so we get the rotation we have now, with a lethal target man included in that, instead of everyone just looking toward Haaland.

I noticed this quandary late on agsinst Burnley with Doku. He made a run late on & his easiest move was to go for goal, or a through ball to Gomez, but he kept glancing right at Haaland who was the most difficult option, & ended up doing nothing & having the ball taken off him.

I reckon without Erling being there, he'd have gone for goal or played Gomez in. This is effect Haaland has on his team mates, & is something we need to sort out.

Like many, I like our rotation football with the goals being shared around the team. I just wish we could do that & include Haaland.

I pointed out last season that we seemed pensive in many games up to the point where Erling scored, whether we were winning, drawing or losing.

Even the commentators kept mentioning the minutes until he scored, so when he did there was a huge sense of relief that we could finally get on with the game now he'd got his goal. This unusual phenomenon wasn't fair on him or his team mates.

Could have been any score last night. There will be a game where there’s a 6 or 7.

Good to see all the players back in contention. Nunes had his best game yet. Hopefully he can do that again next time he plays. Certainly a player for use in home matches.

Trying to convince myself that wasn't concerningly poor. So, yay! 3 points.
I wouldn't say it was "concerningly" poor, but how easily they got behind our defense is worrisome. Even before their goal, they had a couple of high-quality chances. The xG for both teams being almost the same reflects that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.