Burnley (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

Comfortable win. Decent rhythm. Some quality football.
New signings settling in.
Game time for players returning from injury to regain match fitness.
A nearly full squad ready for the business end of the season.

What happens when we manage games is getting multiple titles in many years, where have you been in all that time?
As I said earlier; I thought we used to blow teams away when we were winning those titles.
As for "where were you in all that time"? I was usually in the ground watching us blow teams away, where were you?
This season, "game management" or the failure to implement it properly has seen us throw away the lead three times in one game against Chelsea, throw away the lead twice against a fairly poor Spurs side and, and throw away a two goal lead against an utterly woeful Palace team.
Go for the jugular and don't give the bastards a break.

Comfortable win. Decent rhythm. Some quality football.
New signings settling in.
Game time for players returning from injury to regain match fitness.
A nearly full squad ready for the business end of the season.

Good to see that bench looking stronger than it was at the beginning of December. Bernardo, Walker and Dias not getting on the pitch shows we are back to having a lot of depth back in the squad. Nunes will have got some confidence from last night, let’s see if he gets a shout for Brentford.

Genuine question. Why do you feel that?

There's only been one occasion that it's gone down to goal difference? Mind you that was a pretty memorable one...
Maybe it's because I feel we haven't 'clicked' yet. If I'm right about that. I know it's because of departures and some major injuries. but I want to see us expend ourselves and truly dominate that leads to real chances like the 6-3, or Madrid and the Arsenal games from last season. It just feels a bit too relaxed atm. Like Pep said once or twice, 'I want to see my team'. I'm probably spoilt at this point!

Edit - Also the dippers seem to be having no trouble yet despite being weaker, and if we don't really turn up at Anfield, it could be really close. I can see both teams going on great runs until the end of the season and it being really tight.

Last edited:
3 points is the main thing, but fucking heckerslike! What was going on with our final ball tonight? On to Brentford away now and keep this run going. CTID!!
Think they were making the wrong decisions by trying to pick Big Erl through the middle instead of the nailed on ball to the right/left (Doku/Nunes both guilty of it).

We never got out of first gear. Nunes very promising, starting to really like him, hopefully we have a player on our hands once it clicks fully for him.

Doku showed that he's still raw, some scintillating play and runs let down by some final product. The positive is that he looked visibly annoyed with himself for some of his final balls, he'll learn from that and put the work in to improve.

Positive night, no doubt Gvardiol has a big future and is brilliant on the ball, but needs that concentration for a full game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.