Burnley (H) | Post-Match Thread

It was pretty poor, but to be expected after the international break.

Bernie, Laporte, Rodri and Stones were above the rest.

It's hard to say who came out worse, Mahrez or Sterling, both were mediocre.

Kev also got away with another sketchy display, masked a little by a great strike just when we needed it.
1st 20 minutes were really good Cancelo & Berny were main instigators but after that we were bang average
Phil is definitely trying to hard & we all are expecting wonderfull things in every game
Mahrez imo is either fantastic or poor
Ake although did 9k never really put a foot wrong he just doesn't look like he penetrate further up the pitch but don't want to go harsh on him
Do you really think Stones & Laporte looked good together today?
Kev I really do think he's still 1 yard off his normal pace, his passing isn't what it should be but agree he is 6 out of 10 today if he doesn't score
Now then where do we go with Sterling???
I watched Pep on a few occasions today when Sterling either gave it away, never run the lines or slowed it down he wasn't happy Pep
Sterling was definitely better down the left 2nd half but he is going to lose his place against any of the top 6 teams he is suffering big time now his confidence is shot
It's a real shame Torres is injured I would have loved him playing the next few weeks
Without Berny on the ball & inter change play then today would have been worse imo
January cant come sooner imo, stay in the race & through into Champs knockout then a couple of new faces & ship out Sterling & Ake & we are good to go till Summer 2022
Jesus, Torres, Delap & maybe Kayky will be enough unless we go all in on Haaland

Not at our best but a vital three points. Important to get some legs in the minutes of the likes of Ake, Stones and Mahrez.

Thought Bernardo worked tirelessly. Steffen made a great save and we've largely got a fully fit squad.

Onwards and upwards.

A performance that lacked precision.
We weren’t at our best but we got three points and kept a clean sheet which will do for me. Let’s save our best for the like of the rags, the dippers and Chelsea.
If we win the league next May, nobody will care a jot about this performance, just the 3 points it yielded.

3 players well under the weather at the moment, Mahrez not playing for the team just his own ego, Sterling just not playing at all, and sadly KdB woefully out of form, the ideas are still there, but the execution is terrible.

I'm not really worried about the rest, some were in their first game or two, and in some strange combinations of positions for me.

It was pretty poor, but to be expected after the international break.

Bernie, Laporte, Rodri and Stones were above the rest.

It's hard to say who came out worse, Mahrez or Sterling, both were mediocre.

Kev also got away with another sketchy display, masked a little by a great strike just when we needed it.
Kev worries me the most, I think we've definitely seen the best of him and I don't think he'll adapt like Silva did. He might fall from grace quickly

On the other hand, he's fucking brilliant and may well just tailor his game. I do see him as a good centre forward

A performance that lacked precision.
Great summary.
We played some good stuff as you'd expect given the quality we have but we also saw far too many unforced errors. Sloppy passes, missed tackles, getting in each other's way, that sort of error.
It didn't help that Burnley were more interested in keeping the score down rather than equalising once they'd failed a couple of times in the first half.
But it was after an international break, the team was disrupted, Eddie and Jesus weren't around so our usual demolition of Burnley was unlikely. We had the chances to hit our usual five but not the finesse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.