Burnley V Man City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Musampa 209 said:
Why did we buy Bony if we aren't going to feckin play him

I have a feeling he will be playing against Barca, if Pelle sticks with his 442 formation i would be surprised if he started his two preferred strikers against Burnley.

FantasyIreland said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I do not like seeing Dzeko and Aguero starting together. It just doesn't work for me. Much rather see Nasri in there with Silva behind Aguero.

But are you surprised? because I aint.
No I'm not surprised at all. Don't know what the hell MP is doing these days. He's losing the plot.

summerseat blue said:
MichaelBBack said:
Good to see Kolarov not even on the bench, the best way to jump into a game against Barca is with minimal match fitness.

If he's injured, we're effed (even more than we already are) for mid-week.
I would have no problem playing Angelino at home against a lower prem team but not away against Barca.

Well exactly, I've been saying for weeks I'd like to see Angelino get a senior game but if it came to that then I might not be so happy to have my wish granted.

Aguero and Dzeko together up top scares me for innumerable reasons but the worst of all is: if Dzeko manages to score or assist today, will Pellers be so startstruck with him yet again that we actually end up playing 4-4-2 against Barca at their place?

Prestwich_Blue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I do not like seeing Dzeko and Aguero starting together. It just doesn't work for me. Much rather see Nasri in there with Silva behind Aguero.

But are you surprised? because I aint.
No I'm not surprised at all. Don't know what the hell MP is doing these days. He's losing the plot.
I've asked this already but how will Burnley set up there side.

jimharri said:
de niro said:
jimharri said:
Very puzzling.

not really. bony is here long term, edin isn't.
But why not get him into the side now, get him bedded in and used to our tactics?

Agreed. I think Wilfried has the potential to become the ideal partner for Aguero. Plenty of muscle, good in the air, and stronger in terms of his first touch and technicality than Dzeko, but if all he ever gets is 20 minutes each week we'll go nowhere. The signing is looking more and more confusing considering it was made in January at a time when surely, we wanted an impact player to jump straight into the first team and make things happen. Bony can obviously do that, you don't score as many goals as he did at Swansea without being a good player for this league, so it really doesn't make sense.

Anything but a win, and we'll be lucky to finish second. Everything seems to be going for Arsenal at the moment..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.