Burnley V Man City pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cleavers said:
So easy to criticise the managers team selection, but we have a bigger game (for the club) on Wednesday night, and we need to make sure we have the players required for that game available, hence no Milner or Kolorov, and Mangala, Bony and Nasri on the bench, who I suspect will all start on Wednesday, too much rotation, yes probably, but I can see why.

We have only one chance in the CL, and its a slim one, but it would be impossible without certain players. 9 games in the league after this one, and that team should be good enough to beat Burnley.

This is what worry's me, i think that Nasri, Fernando, Milner and either one of Sagna or Kolorov are being rested for Wednesday, i Think he may also be tempted to go with Bony.

Thats way too many changes.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Why is milner not even in the squad. Unless he's injured its not a surprise that he wants leave

I believe he wants to leave because City (rightly so) will not offer him a contract that Jimmy is demanding. If he is leaving and that is known to the board, then no surprises at all he isn't in the squad today. Infact, we may have seen him play his last game for us.

cleavers said:
richards30 said:
Would rather have prioritised this game than the barca game tbh.
So would most of us I expect, but beating Barcelona to the club might be the priority, and this team should beat Burnley with no disrespect to them.
Decent line up and Cleavers is quite right ,this team should hammer Burnley & probably will.

Generally not much bothered by the line up
Just want to see some intensity...
I do agree with the "no Aguero and Dzeko" pairing....
Dzeko, when working back, frankly has poor ball skills imo ...one touch and loss of possession
excellent in the box
but terrible midfielder skills
Milner and Navas at 60 minutes if we're flat

Rammy Blue said:
karen7 said:
Young jamie sticking the boot in

Whats the tosspot saying now?

Pellers should be sacked if no title
yaya contract is ending (2017 i believe)
5 trophies in 5 years missing out the we can win 2 one year and none the next so long as we get close(sorianno's full quote)

Henry talking sense

abu13 said:
cleavers said:
So easy to criticise the managers team selection, but we have a bigger game (for the club) on Wednesday night, and we need to make sure we have the players required for that game available, hence no Milner or Kolorov, and Mangala, Bony and Nasri on the bench, who I suspect will all start on Wednesday, too much rotation, yes probably, but I can see why.

We have only one chance in the CL, and its a slim one, but it would be impossible without certain players. 9 games in the league after this one, and that team should be good enough to beat Burnley.

This is what worry's me, i think that Nasri, Fernando, Milner and either one of Sagna or Kolorov are being rested for Wednesday, i Think he may also be tempted to go with Bony.

Thats way too many changes.
Which was why I said that.

It points to this on Wednesday......

Hart
Sagna Kompany Mangala Kolorov (no choice there as Clichy is suspended)
Fernando
Fernandhino Toure Milner
Silva
Aguero (or Bony)

Something that the bluemoon tactical experts will surely enjoy ?

Rickaccurate said:
Generally not much bothered by the line up
Just want to see some intensity...
I do agree with the "no Aguero and Dzeko" pairing....
Dzeko, when working back, frankly has poor ball skills imo ...one touch and loss of possession
excellent in the box
but terrible midfielder skills
Milner and Navas at 60 minutes if we're flat
Have you actually seen the team for today?

mosssideblue said:
I believe he wants to leave because City (rightly so) will not offer him a contract that Jimmy is demanding. If he is leaving and that is known to the board, then no surprises at all he isn't in the squad today. Infact, we may have seen him play his last game for us.
All speculation, he'll play on Wednesday night, all it is rotation ahead of a big game, nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.