Burnley

I have said this all along. When they have that control the Premier League will become a closed shop and new rules will be introduced to benefit the American owned clubs. The Premier league bosses are in on this.

I read the guardian article and I fail to see how they passed the fit and proper persons test. I like I would imagine most on here am not a financial wizard but you don't have to be to see this is a fucking disgrace. The Glazers now have Man U in more debt than when they bought the club. On top of that the Glazer family take out (I think ) 16 million pound a year in salaries for themselves. Why are we selling our national game to a bunch of carpet baggers. If they get relegated they are in deep shit, really deep deep shit

I read the guardian article and I fail to see how they passed the fit and proper persons test. I like I would imagine most on here am not a financial wizard but you don't have to be to see this is a fucking disgrace. The Glazers now have Man U in more debt than when they bought the club. On top of that the Glazer family take out (I think ) 16 million pound a year in salaries for themselves. Why are we selling our national game to a bunch of carpet baggers. If they get relegated they are in deep shit, really deep deep shit

The passed it because it’s legal what they are doing!

Premier have to change the criteria of anyone wanting to buy a football club, because anyone looking at how they are buying a club like Burnley or a club like Wigan or even the scum tells you these yanks are buying them for one reason to make money! Anyone who knows football you very rarely make money out of a football club! The glazers have but look at the debt they have had since they bought the club never coming down while they are pocketing around 15/20m a year!

Bamford said: "It wasn’t an issue at Burnley until I started asking why I wasn’t playing and then the manager started citing other reasons: 'born with a silver spoon in your mouth', 'listening to too many people influencing you outside of football'.

"When I asked for an example, the answer was 'who did you arrive with when you signed on your first day?' I said 'my mum and dad' and he said 'exactly'.

Quote - nicked from somewhere!

This is the reason, why Burnley have moved up in my list of most despised clubs, of all the most despised clubs, which stop me sleeping.

Passing the dippers because they have history, whilst Burnley have a Wetherspoons.

Not sure what the issue is with your last sentence

This is the reason, why Burnley have moved up in my list of most despised clubs, of all the most despised clubs, which stop me sleeping.

Passing the dippers because they have history, whilst Burnley have a Wetherspoons.
Burnley were founded ten years before Liverpool so they have ten years more history. Unless you think history is based on trophies of course, in which case you'd be better off on a rag or dipper site.
Unless I've been Clarkied.

Prompted by discussion in the premier league match day thread.

An interesting article that examines why this might be.

Why doesn't Sean Dyche sign more black players?

My views in a similar vein are this is in part due to financial restrictions and style of play.

Burnley play an old fashioned English style 442 and aren't likely to deviate from that for as long as Dyche is manager. That has resulted in them building up a British and Irish core and most of their recruitment has focused on acquiring players from championship or below (including relegated former pl clubs).

Not surprising then that when they sign a Black player in Mubongo he comes from Sweden (a country, as with most of Scandinavia, most heavily influenced by England in terms of football style of play) and plays in an orthodox style of a number 9.

They have also signed a few black lads for the under 23 team from other PL clubs, so refutes any credibility of a deliberate policy of discrimination.

Besides all that I hope they get relegated and Sean Dyche gets sacked and never works in football above the championship again. Not because of any imaginary racism, but because he is complete dinosaur lacking any ambition in style of play. They have to be up there as one of the most boring teams in Premier league history.

Last edited:
Prompted by discussion in the premier league match day thread.

An interesting article that examines why this might be.

Why doesn't Sean Dyche sign more black players?

My views in a similar vein are this is in part due to financial restrictions and style of play.

Burnley play an old fashioned English style 442 and aren't likely to deviate from that for as long as Dyche is manager. That has resulted in them building up a British and Irish core and most of their recruitment has focused on acquiring players from championship or below (including relegated former pl clubs).

Not surprising then that when they sign a Black player in Mubongo he comes from Sweden (a country, as with most of Scandinavia, most heavily influenced by England in terms of football style of play) and plays in an orthodox style of a number 9.

They have also signed a few black lads for the under 23 team from other PL clubs, so refutes any credibility of a deliberate policy of discrimination.

Besides all that I hope they get relegated and Sean Dyche gets sacked and never works in football above the championship again. Not because of any imaginary racism, but because he is complete dinosaur lacking any ambition in style of play. They have to up there as one of the most boring teams in Premier league history.

Excellent post sir, it's enough to say that the 6 fingered guffers need a very long stint in the lower leagues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.