Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

People can "say" what they want. They don't have to report to you.

And yes, I was at both.

I was at neither but someone may have been in my seat as I am in all the cup schemes - I leave it to Our Kid to arrange for people to use our seats if we cannot attend.

It's a nuisance not living up north anymore but my wife does not want to move back and my daughters are Oxford born although both have become keen MCFC supporters.

I get that, just don't get why people don't just say that then. Also don't understand why, if having to make a choice, people would choose an FA Cup 3rd round game vs Rotherham over a semi-final vs Burton. Rotherham aren't exactly a glitter tie either. Each to their own I guess...

You're obviously not a parent

Disagree slightly. Economics to a degree, along with certain others factors. However, a large chunk of people just couldn't be arsed or would rather watch it on tv. That is the one reason no one likes to admit to but that is the case.

Economics and work commitments were the only reasons I didn't use my tickets.

I get that, just don't get why people don't just say that then. Also don't understand why, if having to make a choice, people would choose an FA Cup 3rd round game vs Rotherham over a semi-final vs Burton. Rotherham aren't exactly a glitter tie either. Each to their own I guess...

Rotherham was only £1 for kids and on a Sunday afternoon, no wonder it had the higher attendance, and before you start i was at both.

Loads of games piling up on top of Christmas plus midweek games can be a pain .cant blame anyone for not turning up City fans arnt the richest and many have to pick and chose games .

Stood in 113 with 3 mins to go a guy with his 7/8 year old daughter left close to where I was, now I know school night, late home etc but that kid had the chance to perhaps see us score 10 maybe for the only time ever in her life.

Stood in 113 with 3 mins to go a guy with his 7/8 year old daughter left close to where I was, now I know school night, late home etc but that kid had the chance to perhaps see us score 10 maybe for the only time ever in her life.

I was in the North stand and it did surprise me how many were leaving at 9-0 when it was a once in a generation scoreline.

Oh and I was at the Huddersfield 10-1 game :-)

Not complaining about the attendance, but why was the corner of the East and South stand so empty? It’s normally always full. The rest of the lower tiers looked pretty full.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.