Burton (First Leg) Post Match Thread

Colin Murray on Quest “Burton will need to score early in the second leg...” :)
I thought the highlights on Quest were very complimentary of how City approached the game.
Respectful. Professional. Ruthless.
No showboating while still striving for more.
They put it down to the manager and culture he promotes.
They said the same of Burton and Clough.
They didn’t resort to kicking lumps out of us through frustration. They stayed disciplined despite being totally outclassed.

Fair enough, I think.

I’ve got addicted to it and listened in the way home. I’ve got used to that Durham show now. Just before it came on I was thinking “what angle can they take to take opposing sides on to wind Fans up?”. They’ve done the empty seats thing before so I wondered if they’d do a “money ruining traditional football” angle.

As it turned out I smiled to myself when I heard it was Foden and Ettiquette. I did however found myself actually shouting out (alone in the car) “He started on Sunday, you prick!”. Job done, Talksport, I suppose.
Lol. Snap mate, was shouting the same in front of my son who was busy telling me to chill, haha.

Seems like a few fans had bets on around that scoreline, fair play
Several in the prematch thread did specifically point out that Burton’s odd to win were not far off those many books were giving for us to win 9-0...

Hindsight and all that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.