Bury Blues - (MCFC OSC Branch)

Re: Bury - (MCSC Branch)

cyberblue said:
Bluedodd said:
There was a Bury branch of the supporters club many years ago,it had a hard time getting going as there were objections from the then Whitefield branch of the OSC eventually it got aproved and held meetings in the Royal pub (next to Barclays bank) From memory it lasted a few years then folded. It was definitely not family friendly.
I live in the Greenmount area and would be interested.
There has never been a Whitefield Branch of th OSC

You are right it was the Prestwich branch but before I guess it bacame Prestwich and Whitfield. We are talking the early 80's (The MCFC Supporters club 1949).

Re: Bury North Supporters Club - (MCSC Branch)

notdead said:
I live on Tottington road - cant believe there is so many of us so close ! I would be interested and my mate Moz too. The Globe is run by a Blue and i know he would throw some food in for free if we organised it there.

Just a thought - theres a blue around here about 40, watches City away games in Waggonmakers. Calls every player by their first name. Fuck knows why, "shoot Carlos" or "clear it Pablo" etc etc gets right on my tits. Can we ban him ?

As much as The Globe would be a location very close to where I live, this venue for me is too neutral in terms of the amount of fans from all kinds of clubs congregating there regularly.

As for the guy at Waggonmakers, maybe Ian would ban him for you?

stonerblue said:
If the branch headquarters is gonna be The Trackside then count me in.

Any particular reason why?

I'm not massively up for having the Branch HQ in a pub, if I wanted this kind of thing there are many pubs on a match day where many city shirt wearing public group together and watch the games.

This Branch aims to "Support" as in attend games both home/away on a regular basis, and attempt to involve itself with the direction in which the club is going.
There are many pubs out there all over this country that as a Supporters Club we would be visiting before/after matches.

SteSteez said:
...I'm not massively up for having the Branch HQ in a pub...
You have to start somewhere - and seeing as how the branch has no money (yet) you don't really have much choice (I'm guessing). A pub is also good because most directions always seem to relate to pub locations for some reason and you'll find that people tend to stay a bit longer if they have a pint in their hand. Besides which, most function rooms have a bar and a TV as well.

Scout huts make good meeting rooms - but I'm sure they'd charge.

Just a thought...

Raffles said:
SteSteez said:
...I'm not massively up for having the Branch HQ in a pub...
You have to start somewhere - and seeing as how the branch has no money (yet) you don't really have much choice (I'm guessing). A pub is also good because most directions always seem to relate to pub locations for some reason and you'll find that people tend to stay a bit longer if they have a pint in their hand. Besides which, most function rooms have a bar and a TV as well.

Scout huts make good meeting rooms - but I'm sure they'd charge.

Just a thought...

oh I know having a bar is a requirement but most of the pubs in Bury are a dive, just not my thing whatsoever.

Hopefully if we get one of the cricket clubs we'll have the best of both worlds... a fully functional bar but also in nice settings.

Scout hut ???? Random that.

Bit harsh banning "the first name fool" lets just gag him ?
Or if anybody misbehaves the punnishment could be the seat next to that mithering idiot for a game.

St Joseph's social club on Walmersley Rd have a function room upstairs with a bar upstairs , quite central and Walmersley / Chesham is full of blues as they often run coaches to away games. Just another one to consider!!

Wherever we go there going to make us welcome, pubs are struggling like fuck.

bornagainblue said:
St Joseph's social club on Walmersley Rd have a function room upstairs with a bar upstairs , quite central and Walmersley / Chesham is full of blues as they often run coaches to away games. Just another one to consider!!

Thanks pal, I've added this location to the list on the Original Post.

I know people like Pubs, but I live right near Three pubs, literally opposite a Pub.... This is why I would like something different as a venue.
If I've ever watched games on tv I've always gone into town and watched it there.

As the saying goes: shouldn't shit on your own doorstep.

If anyone has been to a surporters club meeting then they will know that when they have guest speakers etc the place gets hammered and needs to be set out right eg a top table for the speakers therefor this rules out most pubs because you would definetly need a function room to accomadate eveyone, also if you do other functions to raise money like Mens dinners or similar the same applies so clubs with seperate rooms seem to be the ideal choice for the venue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.