Bury Blues - (MCFC OSC Branch)

Re: Bury North Supporters Club - (MCSC Branch)

I suppose it would be good if players turn up it isnt a fuckin dive. Bit premature this but went to a gentlemens morning at P & W once and it was awesome. Can we have one pretty please

Yeah, no worries. You can add my name to the list as i'll defo be a member of this when it starts!

Re: Bury - (MCSC Branch)

Bluedodd said:
cyberblue said:
Bluedodd said:
There was a Bury branch of the supporters club many years ago,it had a hard time getting going as there were objections from the then Whitefield branch of the OSC eventually it got aproved and held meetings in the Royal pub (next to Barclays bank) From memory it lasted a few years then folded. It was definitely not family friendly.
I live in the Greenmount area and would be interested.
There has never been a Whitefield Branch of th OSC

You are right it was the Prestwich branch but before I guess it bacame Prestwich and Whitfield. We are talking the early 80's (The MCFC Supporters club 1949).
The Prestwich branch of the OSC has been going donkeys years .the P&W branch formed 1994 & we welcomed & helped new branches where ever they were .there is only one umbrella supporters organisation now

bornagainblue said:
If anyone has been to a surporters club meeting then they will know that when they have guest speakers etc the place gets hammered and needs to be set out right eg a top table for the speakers therefor this rules out most pubs because you would definetly need a function room to accomadate eveyone, also if you do other functions to raise money like Mens dinners or similar the same applies so clubs with seperate rooms seem to be the ideal choice for the venue.

Exactly, only pubs in Bury that could accommodate such events are the big chains in the centre (and they wouldn't even agree to it anyway)

notdead said:
I suppose it would be good if players turn up it isnt a fuckin dive. Bit premature this but went to a gentlemens morning at P & W once and it was awesome. Can we have one pretty please

LoL all ideas are welcome, please *note*

There is no formed Committee yet, We aim to get this formed at the first meeting<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:51 pm --<br /><br />
cyberblue said:
The Prestwich branch of the OSC has been going donkeys years .the P&W branch formed 1994 & we welcomed & helped new branches where ever they were .there is only one umbrella supporters organisation now

Guess I'll be looking your way for help when I get this going then ;)

Ste

I was the Chairman of the P&W branch for 10 years stood down about 6 years ago any help or advice i can give you just get in touch regards don

Cyberblue did a fantastic job of running P&W supporters club,had many great trips,do's and meetings,brilliant memories! the best being the match we played at maine road,one of the best days of my life.Good luck in starting up Bury north branch.

A supporters club in the North Bury area is long overdue. When I lived in Rammy we used to organise coaches for certain games and there was no shortage of takers.

There's loads of Blues in Rammy, Brangy, Elton, Holcombe Brook, Lowercroft, Totty, Stubbins, Walmsley, Ainsworth, Edenfield etc

Also the Bolton branch are run from Horwich so Totty is alot closer for most Bolton Blues.

I reckon it would really take off once it gets going. It's not for me, but I will definitely mention this to the dad and his 2 lads next door (all SC holders but not BMooners) and a few others I know.

I look forward to seeing the ad in the Bury Times!

Good luck.

defo on that idea ov a bury supporters club got quite a few blue mates round here any lib/labour/con club are ideal venues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.