Bury Blues - (MCFC OSC Branch)

Re: North Bury Supporters Club - (MCSC Branch)

You are right lads, just a 'bit panicky about this meet on Thursday.

No experience in chairing a committee lol.

Heres my plan - FREE beer for everyone.

Get everyone drunk, people will think I'm a great public speaker then

I had no experience either. This is why I suggest you simply have a totally informal meeting at first.

Anyway, let me know if you want any help.

cheers

Cancelled or just postponed ??

Cancelled.

I've realised the amount of Resources/Time needed to run this club, and although I feel I could run it successfully, this means other things in my life taking a step back.

Shame was looking forward to Thursday and it would have been great to have a local SC, that said I would have had to do a bit of juggling to help with the set up on Thursday, so can totally understand it would have been quite a commitment to organize and run the thing.

Oh well you never know maybe there`s someone out there with a bit more time on their hands.........

here`s hoping.

Hold the first one as informal as possible if a dozen or so just meet for a chat round a table it is a start .take it one step at a time it seems a shame to throw away the work you have put in up to now Good Luck Regards Don

You are right, it is a shame.

I have free time, but right now my priorities are my work, relationship and hobbies.

Even just organising the setup of the club was an hassle for me, maybe my time management skills aren't the best?

The area does need a Supporters Club, I don't feel I'm the best person for this.

Whilst I understand your feelings on this etc, can I suggest that you continue with the first meeting which needs to elect / form a committee. The committee then takes over from then in organising etc. So the evening would go like:

Welcome everyone - You
Invite nominees for committee positions and let the meeting appoint people.
The new chairman would then take over the meeting - the next thing would be to create a constitution and agree such things as membership fees etc and the general rules that would be written into the constitution e.g. signiture(s) on club cheques etc etc - simple thiongs really.

Then just have an AOB and ideas for next meetings and times.

Since you have made all the effort to get this far it is a shame to call it off now - see how the meeting goes first!

ChaoticBluemoon said:
Whilst I understand your feelings on this etc, can I suggest that you continue with the first meeting which needs to elect / form a committee...
In other words - what I said ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.