Bury Blues - (MCFC OSC Branch)

Re: North Bury Supporters Club - (MCSC Branch)

Messaged City on a few social networks, the Twitter feed put us up but so far the Facebook page hasn't (maybe they see us as competition lol)

Anyway 15 confirmed attendees for our first meeting which is at 7:30pm on the 14th of July.

if you're in Bury and are a Blue then make sure you get down to our first meet.

if you are a blue and are based even a metre outside of the borough then you will not be allowed entry into the venue ;)

check the event page for more info:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171794576217703" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=171794576217703</a>

oh, and if you have any contacts, possibly players or even lifelong fans with stories to tell,maybe you want to share some of your city history?
Please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,

Ste

ste

I will be there and am bringing one other possibly three. See you there

Just got back from hols and checked for updates.
I'll be there mate

SteSteez said:
...if you are a blue and are based even a metre outside of the borough then you will not be allowed entry into the venue ;)...
Oh no! I'll have to get a flat cap and a big black puddin' - maybe you won't notice my posh Ashton accent ;)

Can anyone help out with designing some posters?

we need some posters to put up in local shops etc,informing people of the new supporters club and also of the date for the first meet.

if you could help out then please let me know ASAP (this event starts next thursday)

OK.

No help has been offered with regards to helping design any posters, No help has been offered with regards to organising this event either.

Some people have offered to set up the layout of the place (which is appreciated)
But what people must appreciate here is I've never been involved with any supporters club before in my life, What am I supposed to talk about? about from City obviously....

I've made many announcements regards to asking for people who may wish to help out in other ways such as speaking about the club and nobody has responded.

So it's just going to be a 2hr borefest with me talking?
even my own mother wouldn't turn up for that.

I can see this Club falling on it's ass.... ALOT OF INTEREST, but nobody willing to muck in.

SteSteez said:
OK.

No help has been offered with regards to helping design any posters, No help has been offered with regards to organising this event either.

Some people have offered to set up the layout of the place (which is appreciated)
But what people must appreciate here is I've never been involved with any supporters club before in my life, What am I supposed to talk about? about from City obviously....

I've made many announcements regards to asking for people who may wish to help out in other ways such as speaking about the club and nobody has responded.

So it's just going to be a 2hr borefest with me talking?
even my own mother wouldn't turn up for that.

I can see this Club falling on it's ass.... ALOT OF INTEREST, but nobody willing to muck in.

PM'd you mate. Stick with it, and once the beers are flowing you'll soon have a committee formed!

Oh dear. Simple answer is Ste - if you want it, do it yourself. This is what I did at first. I organised the meeting and announced it on here. I called it the 'pre-branch-formation-meeting'. This means that people come along and find out what your about and what the branch aims are.

Once you have gauged the interest, then call another meeting aimed at sorting out prices for membership and forming a committee (I also had a lot of help at this meeting from Howard [Reddish Blues]). Once you have prices for membership and names interested in being on the committee you can progress to a full blown branch.

These things take time and trying to do it all in one meeting just won't work. I'm not trying to pee on your parade - just give you some helpful tips (ones that helped form AuL branch). It's also a good idea to attend the EC meetings - this will give you an insight in to running your own.

I can come along to your meeting if you wish.

You have my number ;)

cheers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.