Bus drivers?

i said recently that bus drivers were arrogant megalomaniacs

every bus i get on in town (oldham) stops at mumps for a change-over of driver

lazy tw*ts. i only get a dinner break (half hour)

get on with it!

Obvious Mancunian said:
it was only yesterday i was about 2 metres away from the stop in the pissing down rain and one dirven past me.
couldnt of happend to a nicer bloke. LOL

aphex said:

get on with it!

Ignorance is bliss.

Digital tachographs and rigidly enforced break times may have a part to play, as well as a potential £5,000 fine for driving one second over your limit!

Don't blame the driver, blame the Eurocrats who brought in the legislation.

get on with it!

i drive in oldham,always got city badge on my shirt/jumper,have a look out and say hello,would be nice for a passenger to be civil!

Thatchersforearm said:
lee-mcfc said:
meeting a friend on the bus in 5 mins i bet the bus driver is a twat

Nah, you should be ok unless you want the disability ramp deploying or you begin to breastfeed.
Haha. was alright today just a couple of twats at the back playing shite music

Brother was a bus driver, the amount of dick heads he as thrown off lol.

He told me about this disabled Chinese couple playing with each other in broad daylight haha.
Some good story's, alot of bell ends on the bus tbh.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
aphex said:

get on with it!

Ignorance is bliss.

Digital tachographs and rigidly enforced break times may have a part to play, as well as a potential £5,000 fine for driving one second over your limit!

Don't blame the driver, blame the Eurocrats who brought in the legislation.

seeing as buses start at 5.30 am near me, why are they having breaks at 8/9/10 am?

are they only allowed to drive at least 2 and a half hours (at least) without a break? i looked up the tachograph rules and found them stultifyingly boring - could you enlighten me..?

anyway, it's no excuse for their absolute flippant arrogance. a woman got on with a £10 note this morning and asked for an any bus saver (£4.50) he kept saying 'where are you going' but 'WHERE ARE YOU GOING!' she was getting upset and flustered (as i let her on first, naturally)

what does it matter where she was going.. she was buying an 'any' bus pass.. and seeing as he had no change anyway, what was he going to do? charge her £10??

get some change you shit's!

i think this is my longest post ever on here..<br /><br />-- Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:45 pm --<br /><br />
cassyblue said:

get on with it!

i drive in oldham,always got city badge on my shirt/jumper,have a look out and say hello,would be nice for a passenger to be civil!

i will do

:)

Unfortunately, Aphex, I am a VOSA accredited tacho trainer, and I wholeheartedly agree the subject is mind numbingly dull, but as I said, the penalty's for getting it wrong can be severe both for the driver (loss of licence and a fine) and for the operator (loss of operators licence).

I'll stick to the basics, which isn't easy as the rules are quite complex and there is some flexibility available on a day to day basis, but here goes.

You can drive for 4.5 hours, and you have to stop for 45 minutes rest and recuperation. That rest period can be split, though, and you can have a 15 minute break, drive a bit,then have a 30 minute break, which obviously makes up the 45 minutes rest and recuperation. Once you have had a period of 45 minutes rest, be it a 15 and 30 minute split or the full 45 minutes, you can drive for a further 4.5 hours, before you need to stop for another 45 minutes.

So, you can drive for 4.5 hours, stop for 45 minutes, and carry on for another 4.5 hours. You can also drive for 2 hours, stop for 15 minutes, drive another 1.5 hours, stop for 30 minutes, and carry on for another 4.5 hours.

You can drive for 9 hours a day, but twice a week you can drive for 10 hours, but you can't exceed 56 hours driving in any one week, and 90 hours in any 2 week period.

As for the bus drivers you mention taking breaks after 2 hours driving, it is perfectly possible, as their rota may require them to be driving for the next 4 hours or so without them taking a break.

To be honest, it is a nightmare for both drivers and operators, but the ultimate responsibility lies with the driver, and the operator can't demand a driver take a vehicle out if the driver does not think he can keep within the timescales.

I hope that helps, and I agree that a lot of bus drivers are miserable sods, but there are also people like me, who are not!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.