business owners

Pigeonho said:
I made a killing the other night down on Canal Street. My arse is paying the price today though.

Next time take the vaseline with you !

BoyBlue_1985 said:
de niro said:
i have a carpet shop and its gone bonkers, just as it was like 10 years ago.

i'm a very lucky lad.
My brother is carpet fitter in Essex and he has struggled big time over the summer

he's not alone, i have had loads of lads calling in the shop asking for work, i keep to the same lads who have been with me for 20 years so i can't help them. a lot of our trade is struggling right now, hence my comment that i'm a lucky so and so. i tell all the staff that we grab it whilst we can, quite possible our turn will come.

The Flash said:
glen quagmire said:
smeeagain said:
just wondering how business is this last half year or so, as mines taken a proper dive in the last 4/6 months

I suppose it depends onn the business mate. A lad who used to work for me, has set up a second hand shop with his brother. They are fucking raking it in! He bought a whole house for £280 quid the other week, and sold three items for £400. His shop is so rammed, he has just rented a lock up as well.

Hope your's picks up.
I bet it's crammed. All those housebricks will take up some room for a start!
£280 for a house is good though. I bought my flat 4 years ago fit £116,000. If only I'd waited 4 years I wouldn't have needed a 30 year mortgage.

We had a steady start to the year....May and June were excellent, turnover well up....July and August absolute shite, it died on its arse, battled like fuck to break even.....September hasn't started great either......it is very up and down, I can judge if it's just me or the industry through my Wholesalers and there trends were exactly the same....so hopefully a little upturn is around the corner, just a couple of decent months will do

big blueballs said:
We had a steady start to the year....May and June were excellent, turnover well up....July and August absolute shite, it died on its arse, battled like fuck to break even.....September hasn't started great either......it is very up and down, I can judge if it's just me or the industry through my Wholesalers and there trends were exactly the same....so hopefully a little upturn is around the corner, just a couple of decent months will do

what trade is that?

de niro said:
big blueballs said:

what trade is that?
Electrical Contractors

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.