Buying Success: Discuss

Utd have always bought success. Nothing new there.
The only thing that is new is that City can do the same and they simply can't cope with the concept.

Not sure what City were supposed to say when the Sheiks came in really. "No thanks, we're fine just bouncing up and down the divisions and sacking managers who cant keep us in the top 10(if we're lucky)or top division, go and let Newcastle have the money we don't need it".
Every fan of every club who says they'd turn it down, probably know their club wouldn't get offered it in the first place. That's not a "our clubs bigger than your club thing, just a fact that the Sheiks knew City have a loyal fan base to build on and that the ground was built in a good area where expansion was possible.

Has anyone in UEFA offered any explanation as to why building success with loaned money is alright whereas we are the big bad boys? I mean, the Glazers are really running the rags into the ground in the long term with the impossible amounts of debt. UEFA darlings Real and Barca are also heavily in debt. How is that good for football?

IrelandSuperman said:
Has anyone in UEFA offered any explanation as to why building success with loaned money is alright whereas we are the big bad boys? I mean, the Glazers are really running the rags into the ground in the long term with the impossible amounts of debt. UEFA darlings Real and Barca are also heavily in debt. How is that good for football?
the explanation is that UEFA are just the puppets of those illustrious clubs

George Hannah said:
IrelandSuperman said:
the explanation is that UEFA are just the puppets of those illustrious clubs
trafford united - "illustrious"

dr-evil-laser.jpg

Chelsea net spend with Mata and Luiz will be nothing.

Wages dwarf money spent on buying out contracts, and more important when measuring a team's spend.

kippax neil said:
dobobobo said:
jrb said:
Here's my opening gambit.

[bigimg]http://i.imgur.com/drCFhvU.jpg[/bigimg]

*Saves image*

Merci beaucoup jrb, merci beaucoup!

That's not net spend though is it?...net spend is the stat that counts these days.

That said, I'm not aware of any rag sales..although Chelski have £50m from Luiz back in the pot.

Chelsea have taken in £100m from the sales of Luis, Mata and de Bruyne.

They could still afford a couple more high value players this transfer window.

no set of fans would say no to a billion quid cash injection, it may buy success in short term, but the money is there for a platform to build from, u look at rags, im betting they be spending near couple hundred mil on players for new season, and i bet they be no mention of money in media. we may have spent in past, but now its getting less and less because we have the foundation in place now with world class players, manager and stadiums(inc complex).

i love huge investment, it brings in world class players, though as said be nice if we had a small quota for home grown, but thats a diff subject

welsh_andy said:
no set of fans would say no to a billion quid cash injection, it may buy success in short term, but the money is there for a platform to build from, u look at rags, im betting they be spending near couple hundred mil on players for new season, and i bet they be no mention of money in media. we may have spent in past, but now its getting less and less because we have the foundation in place now with world class players, manager and stadiums(inc complex).

i love huge investment, it brings in world class players, though as said be nice if we had a small quota for home grown, but thats a diff subject

I reckon there will be plenty of media report about tej Rags spending, Andy. However, this will be in the good news bulletins about being good for the Premier League and helping to attract top stars etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.