BWSL 2022/23 Aston VIlla vs Manchester City

All this poncing about at the back, just not needed in women’s football.
There's only a couple of things players need if they choose to play out from the back - one is touch that kills the ball stone dead, and the other is the ability to find one of your unmarked team mates. We seem to have defenders who are lacking one or the other.

Hemp and Kelly are probably checking that their passports are up to date and ready for that January 2023 transfer window.
Could hardly blame them if they did. Obviously the new recruits will need time to settle but it is not looking good. The whole thing is just out of kilter with the rest of the club. So professional at every level from youth to first team but the Women’s set up seems so amateurish in comparison.

Are City still winning 2:3 ??
We have effectively 'slunk' out of the title race. The BBC are suggesting that Villa have stunned City. They might have stunned GT but they don't seem to have stunned many on here. Out of the CL, out of the title race, and playing like we played today I can't see any advance to the latter stages of the cups.

4 previous games v them we won all 4 with 17-0 scoreline.
This team has regressed so badly and will be no where near top 3 under Taylor. Should have replaced him in the summer but owners dont seem bothered with the WSL.
Playing out from the back is fine when you have the players to do it like our mens team but this team looked like they had never played the game before. God knows what he does in training

Yeah definitely seems like they’ve lost interest in the womens team and aren’t making the power moves they were a few years ago.

Taylor’s been in at the club for literally donkey’s years, can’t remember the exact length but I feel like it’s a decade plus in various capacities. He just feels like their guy and they’d rather let him stay then have the womens team succeed. Don’t get it At all. They’ve always given time to managers but this team is slipping and they don’t seem that arsed

Think it would have been a totally different outcome if he'd have started with Deyna instead of Bunny, also Raso should have started.
The thing that worries me is that the new recruits are seeing a mediocre team and might just wonder WTF they did by signing. It might go inverted pear shape when our little Japanese dynamo starts, which makes me wonder - did she have a medical when we signed her? Seems she brought an ankle injury from her previous club!

She's shit in the air and can't control the ball.
Well why doesn’t Taylor coach her then in at least how to control the ball, I’m sure that’s in his job spec and we only have the best training facilities in the world, he’s a poor manager there’s no getting away from that.

We have effectively 'slunk' out of the title race. The BBC are suggesting that Villa have stunned City. They might have stunned GT but they don't seem to have stunned many on here. Out of the CL, out of the title race, and playing like we played today I can't see any advance to the latter stages of the cups.

Let's be honest here, the city ladies are in a bit of a mess and Taylor will not keep his job for much longer.
A change is needed, a good manager at ladies football level, and rebuild for the future.

In a space of 2 seasons, we have gone backwards and don't look like the team we had playing good football with a smile and happy people, also we have lost a lot of players and not been replaced with the same quality

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.