BWSL 2022/23 Aston VIlla vs Manchester City

Yeah definitely seems like they’ve lost interest in the womens team and aren’t making the power moves they were a few years ago.

Taylor’s been in at the club for literally donkey’s years, can’t remember the exact length but I feel like it’s a decade plus in various capacities. He just feels like their guy and they’d rather let him stay then have the womens team succeed. Don’t get it At all. They’ve always given time to managers but this team is slipping and they don’t seem that arsed
At least part of the problem is that even ignoring Taylor it's been more than a few years since we've really done anything close to power moves. Signing Mewis and Lavelle in one window was probably the closest thing to that since we first brought in the England spine, and signing Lavelle was a waste of time given the players we had and the system we played, except for the PR.

Like you say with Taylor being 'their guy', we kept Cushing on for years without any pressure, even when things were going stale, and he only went when he wanted to. We kept the same spine in-place with barely any pressure and only lost it when people starting aging out or getting moves abroad. The club's never really had the same focus on the women's side, it's just not really mattered most of the time. But now they need to do more and they can't or wont. People outside the club still look at the names they recognise and the great facilities and just don't see the reality of it.

Well why doesn’t Taylor coach her then in at least how to control the ball, I’m sure that’s in his job spec and we only have the best training facilities in the world, he’s a poor manager there’s no getting away from that.

I'm sure she can do in training. But she barely does it in matches. For such a big, strong looking woman she doesn't impose herself much.

And as for Taylor...

One thing I heard in the close season was that some of the players were organising their own private training sessions because they didn't feel the ones at the club were good enough. I do feel the club need to stop playing around with the Women's team and go for a top coach. Not sure who, but there will be options around. Get someone in who has achieved and let them do things their way.

I wonder how many games I'm going to watch at The Academy this season against teams to which we have traditionally given a thumping and who we find it pretty difficult to break down and who look as though they will score the second they enter our half. I'm looking at the table and hope that the regulars who perennially hand about the trap door will keep us above them!

Let's be honest here, the city ladies are in a bit of a mess and Taylor will not keep his job for much longer.
A change is needed, a good manager at ladies football level, and rebuild for the future.

In a space of 2 seasons, we have gone backwards and don't look like the team we had playing good football with a smile and happy people, also we have lost a lot of players and not been replaced with the same quality
I know people that follow them home and away including Europe and they are not happy the way things have gone over the last year

Well why doesn’t Taylor coach her then in at least how to control the ball, I’m sure that’s in his job spec and we only have the best training facilities in the world, he’s a poor manager there’s no getting away from that.
But Taylor was shit in the air and couldn't control the ball.

Agreed. Is there anyone else in the squad who can put pressure on her place, cos some of those errors today would warrant a match on the sidelines imo?
SANDY McIVOR - excellent keeper. Back at City after being here as an Academy player. Young Khiara Keating looks better than Ellie Roebuck and deputised well last season.

SANDY McIVOR - excellent keeper. Back at City after being here as an Academy player. Young Khiara Keating looks better than Ellie Roebuck and deputised well last season.
Excellent, well I will be disappointed if one of the two doesn’t get selected for our next match. If that did not happen, it would send entirely the wrong message to Ellie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.