Call me unpatriotic...

alanjames24 said:
Bilboblue said:
That is just fucking ridiculous.
Shame on you.

Sorry mate. In my (kind of) defense, I have not lived in England for almost 5 years now, so maybe I've lost a lot of the passion. I'll admit, while my interest for England was fading, I still got caught up a few times (Germany 4-1, vs Turkey etc) in the excitement, but not so much anymore.

No need to apologise if that is your view, I just don't agree with it!
By the way, it was 5-1 against Germany....I was there....as said before ;o)

Spindash....what a stupid way of looking at things, that's RAG-like. Will you sing 'You can stick your fucking England up yer arse' a la stretford then?
A mere distraction? International matches SHOULD be the pinnacle of any players career.
You ever been to an England match?
City are number one for me, but I am also English. So I always want us to do well in International tournaments.

Nreddishblue said:
Football is just a game, but I support England and always will do even though it has had people who I detest playing for it.

I come from the opposite extreme of politics from Marvin, England and Britain mean everything to me!

City always come first of course, but I'm very patriotic, not our current cess pit that we are in, but our history, those who have fought and died to make Britain Great!

Now, now, now I was just talking about football! I'm VERY proud to be English with respect to veterans and the history we have that make us the envy of most other countries.

I'm not patriotic at all, but I do happen to have been born in Manchester, England therefore I support the english team in all sorts of sports. Nothing to do with national pride or anything, I just think you can't beat the atmosphere or quality of a world cup. I love city and always want them to do well but for me a world cup win is everything, its the ultimate tournament in football, the very best footballers in the world. And its less one-sided than club football, no transfers and no millions means the teams are more even and it is more exciting to watch. I always enjoy underdogs knocking out so-called 'big-teams' in world cups, sides like Cameroon, Croatia, Turkey, Senegal etc are what make it special for me.

I get unbearably tense just watching city in a league game, but the world cup is the ultimate.

i go for australia me....

but if we bow out, i get on the wife's side and england are a close second.

saw a doco the other day that was claiming most of the rogue elements associated with england fans are supporters of lower league clubs who cause havoc as they dont get the big games prem league teams do. guess they were insinuating it makes 'em loose their head to some extent..whats your experience with this?

lostmyhouseski said:

saw a doco the other day that was claiming most of the rogue elements associated with england fans are supporters of lower league clubs who cause havoc as they dont get the big games prem league teams do. guess they were insinuating it makes 'em loose their head to some extent..whats your experience with this?

was that the doco filmed by a journo under cover during the 06 world cup??
if so ive seen it, was a disgrace what some people were doing/chanting etc i won't tarnish all the supporters with the same brush cause a lot of them were saying they were ashamed to be english they way these wankers behaved!! But unfortunately it was a minority element of meat head hooligans from the past.(and many other countries have their own too)

Uwe Rösler said:
lostmyhouseski said:

was that the doco filmed by a journo under cover during the 06 world cup??
if so ive seen it, was a disgrace what some people were doing/chanting etc i won't tarnish all the supporters with the same brush cause a lot of them were saying they were ashamed to be english they way these wankers behaved!! But unfortunately it was a minority element of meat head hooligans from the past.(and many other countries have their own too)

yeah mate that was the one and i should reiterate that im not saying english supporters are all hoolys but rather what kind of experiences bluemooners have had with these knobs and if they do generally support the lower leagues?

alanjames24 said:
... But I couldn't give two sh!ts about the England football team and how they fare in the World Cup or any competitions for that matter.

The last time I really got behind them was Euro 96 and maybe that's cause I was 15 and the fact that we genuinely stood a chance and it was all on home ground...

I hate Neville (With a f**king passion), Beckham, Rooney and Ferdinand. While I admire Lampard, he has a penchant for being a right dirty bastard, as does Ashley Cole, (I used to think the same about Gerrard but I quite like him after last season).

The only players I admire in the squad are Theo Walcott (Probably cause he's too young to be a complete arrogant bastard yet) and SWP and even his presence in the team is not enough for me to wish them success.

Couple that with the fact that a lot of England supporters are plastic 'big 4' fans who think we have an inherent right to win something because we invented the sport and because their beloved teams' most arrogant players are in the squad and there is not one passionate bone left in my body for this bunch of cnuts.

On top of this, if they won anything I don't want another 50 years of 'Sir' Wayne Rooney or any of those other cocks telling me how 'magical' it was to win it, a la Bobby f**king Charlton.

Am I the only one?

Not my cup of tea or anything else for that matter - I would not got to watch them if the were playing on my doorstep BUT that is more down to me. I genuinely cannot stand most fans at other clubs so see no point mixing with them for a England game. However I do want to see us do well at all comps because it is very uplifting for the country - even though I do not care. I am MCFC end of.

some interesting and varied points in this post.

I can identify a little with the OP as I feel it has a little to do with the tribal elements of supporting a football team,and the deep affiliation and commitment to your club side.

whilst I might get right behind any other English (or British) side, and always firmly root for the Brits competing in international events, I've never quite had the same passion for our national football team.

sometimes it might have been due to the players who I'll admit having a definite disliking of (and lack of City representation in the squad) or sometimes even the manager... and I've had beefs with some of the older picks the F A made when they should have gone with candidates like Clough.

all that said, there have been occasions when I've been behind the England sides, but at the end of the day, I just don't have the desire for England that I hold for City. It's two different things entirely, as are our own supporters... there's something very special about our club and our supporters - and that isn't something that I see or feel anywhere else.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.