Callum Doyle | On loan at Leicester City

Doyle started the 2-0 win against Italy a few days ago. What a weird thing to get worked up about.

What a weird thing to say?

I'm not getting worked up,i'm asking the question.....you have helped answer it with that information i was unaware of.

So there was no need to be a snide was there?

Versus Accrington in the 2-1 win

CALLUM DOYLE (7/10)

Still cannot believe the lad is the age he is! He’s looking a pretty assured centre half, had a quality game today but was caught out a couple of times and made a few minor errors.

At the rate he's progressing he might be able to replace Ake as #4 on our CB depth chart. Big ask obviously since he's in league 1 at the moment but he's been really impressive so far. Interested in seeing how he continues to play and hold up over the entire season.

At the rate he's progressing he might be able to replace Ake as #4 on our CB depth chart. Big ask obviously since he's in league 1 at the moment but he's been really impressive so far. Interested in seeing how he continues to play and hold up over the entire season.
No no no, he’s nowhere near good enough. Needs to stay with us and (hopefully) get a season in the championship next year

No no no, he’s nowhere near good enough. Needs to stay with us and (hopefully) get a season in the championship next year
I suspect while that is a tad tongue in cheek for your own self preservation,there is also a large element of truth?

Having watched him at this higher level.....What do you see as his weaknesses,areas to improve?

I suspect while that is a tad tongue in cheek for your own self preservation,there is also a large element of truth?

Having watched him at this higher level.....What do you see as his weaknesses,areas to improve?

It was mate - he appears to have all the raw ingredients. He’s strong, has good vision, is positionally very good. My view is he just needs some time and experience to improve his decision making. He’s brave in terms of trying things which is wonderful to see but it does mean that he gives the opposition opportunities occasionally which he’s got away with so far but at a higher level may not.
I believe the loan will be great for him and for us this season and if we do go up perhaps next season too. He appears to be loving it and is giving it everything.

He is already a firm fans favourite at SAFC

If you were going to choose an academy player to be 4th choice next season then I’d say Harwood-Bellis is way ahead of Doyle at the moment. Though I’d prefer to see THB being first choice somewhere in the PL or another strong league.

If you were going to choose an academy player to be 4th choice next season then I’d say Harwood-Bellis is way ahead of Doyle at the moment. Though I’d prefer to see THB being first choice somewhere in the PL or another strong league.
Made a nice step up in the England set-up, which is a feather in his cap (pun intended!)

THB looks like he is being groomed as the John Stones back-up/replacement. Very similar, too, if you ask me.

That was a miss on my part. I had completely forgot about Taylor. I wonder how he's getting on at Anderlecht.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.