Cameron vetoes EU Treaty change

Skashion said:
Amazing how some people still parrot the line that China is 'communist'. First of all, it's never been small-c communist. Secondly, China is now more capitalist than any country in Europe and North America.

As you well know, Lord Templeman-Baby once stated that "a five pronged implement for manual digging is a fork, whatever the manufacturer chooses to call it."

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Well they are communist. They run a free market system but try watch tv, state funded news, no freedom, no rights, no human rights.

How do you think China makes stuff so much cheaper than anyone else. They dont do it buy paying workers the legal minimum wage of £6 p/h
That would make them authoritarian not communist, and certainly not small-c communist - which they never were. Capitalism doesn't beget democracy or liberal rights - that's a liberal democracy and it has nothing much to do with capitalism. Most free-market ideologues don't even like democracy. I can quote the head of the Wall Street Journal on that.

Capital hates the minimum wage and it certainly doesn't fit into free-market notions.

-- Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:28 pm --

Gelsons Dad said:
I've watch the students in their first 4 weeks of university life go through their military training 3 times now. Anyone who thinks the China is no a communist state is kidding themselves. How they chose to fund the apparatus is through exploitation of capitalist consumers and as such some of that culture does pervade daily life but when push comes to shove it is a single party state and that party is communist.
As above, it is you who are kidding yourself. You have been duped into thinking capitalism and liberal democracies are inseparable.

Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Well they are communist. They run a free market system but try watch tv, state funded news, no freedom, no rights, no human rights.

How do you think China makes stuff so much cheaper than anyone else. They dont do it buy paying workers the legal minimum wage of £6 p/h
That would make them authoritarian not communist, and certainly not small-c communist - which they never were. Capitalism doesn't beget democracy or liberal rights - that's a liberal democracy and it has nothing much to do with capitalism. Most free-market ideologues don't even like democracy. I can quote the head of the Wall Street Journal on that.

Capital hates the minimum wage and it certainly doesn't fit into free-market notions.
I know what your saying i post that in haste without paying much attention to the shit i was posting.
The very fact they call themselves a communist party would allude you to the fact they are communist although as i have said for a long time the free trade markets and the severe lack of all money being made spread across the people sort of does make them a non communist country. Although the government do harbour some communist ways

I'm going to call myself a flying giraffe and wear a shirt with spots on - thus exhibiting some giraffe-like characteristics.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:37 pm --<br /><br />By the way, despise Daniel Hannan for the way he's gone over to America to make them fear public healthcare by asserting that the British people hate the NHS and the only reason why it exists is because it's effectively the world's biggest lobby. Disingenuous ****.

Skashion said:
I'm going to call myself a flying giraffe and wear a shirt with spots on - thus exhibiting some giraffe-like characteristics.

Its a fair point but i believe they were communist in the beginning. The fact they have changed and kept the same name for "the party".

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:
I'm going to call myself a flying giraffe and wear a shirt with spots on - thus exhibiting some giraffe-like characteristics.

Its a fair point but i believe they were communist in the beginning. The fact they have changed and kept the same name for "the party".
Please stop using small-c. Yes, they were once big c Communists.

Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Skashion said:

Please stop using small-c. Yes, they were once big c Communists.

Is there a difference or are you in the spelling police

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Small c refers to a communist ideal where there is no state at all or even sections of communists who believe there should be no state. This differs hugely from states like the USSR and China where the state controlled everything and used that control to establish a relative equality for all those outside the regime, who used that power to guarantee work even if that work wasn't strictly necessary, cradle-to-grave welfare etc.

Skashion said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Small c refers to a communist ideal where there is no state at all or even sections of communists who believe there should be no state. This differs hugely from states like the USSR and China where the state controlled everything and used that control to establish a relative equality for all those outside the regime, who used that power to guarantee work even if that work wasn't strictly necessary, cradle-to-grave welfare etc.

Cheers for that mate, i learnt something new today

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.