Campaign Against Use of the Term 'EPL'

Don't know why people get all upset over the word soccer either.

images

Barclays got quite pissed off with all the managers earlier this season, having spent millions sponsoring the Premier League, nobody was saying Barclays. If you watch any of the managers press conferences now, they always say Barclays Premier League, even the most stuborn fuckers like Baconface, McCarthy, Holloway etc.

Stuuuuuu said:
I've just seen another person using this term on the forum. I know I'm not the only one who finds this really irksome. I'm pretty certain that this is Yank talk, and I am strongly opposed to this moronic influence coming into use in England.

Does anyone on here say 'SLL' or 'Spanish La Liga'? No.

Does anyone on here say 'ISA' or 'Italian Serie A'? No.

Does anyone on here say 'German Bundesliga'? No.

So by this (sensible) logic, the only correct term is 'Premier League'. After all, there is no other Premier League to confuse it with, so why specify that it is English? Like I said above, we don't need to specify Italian or Spanish or German. Likewise we don't need to specify English.

I can understand people abbreviating it to 'PL'; but never 'EPL'.

You tell 'em Stuuuuuu...

dsdh00084.jpg

And again...

dsdh00083.jpg

''..From the banks of the River Mersey
to the shores of Sicily.

We will fight , fight , fight for City,
'till we win the EPL...''

It's a term used by either foreign fans, new fans of football or the Sky TV generation, for those reasons I never use it and back your campaign wholeheartedly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.