Campaign Against Use of the Term 'EPL'

Stuuuuuu said:
1fingerwillie said:
Hey Stu. Perhaps this is yank talk and won't translate but I will give it a try. Fuck you.

Congratulations on managing to construct these few words, only having to edit them once. Much better than I would have expected.

what bothers me more is the lack of respect you have against the foreign supporters of Manchester city that use the phrase EPL!

England Premier League
La Liga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1

Notice the difference in length?

Now try:

EPL
La Liga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1

That's more like it!

mancityvstoke said:
Football League Division One

Football League Division Two

Football League Division Three

Football League Division Four

What was wrong with those?

EPL sounds plastic.

But that wuld mean that some of the smaller clubs would get some TV money that should be going to the BIG clubs, and that would never do (well it did for quite a few years before certain clubs got too greedy), I think the FAPL is the correct term for a league that was formed to ensure that the greedy got more money than the needy, and Murdoch gets a monopoly on the worldwide TV rights for this global marketing camaign.

Stuuuuuu said:
I wouldn't dream of calling La Liga by another name - I respect what the Spanish people created

It's actually called the Primera División so you're being quite disrespectful after all.

I work for another "EPL" club and every year or so, a rep from Barclays visits and does an audit of how the club's various media (web, programme, magazine etc etc) have performed within the strict guidelines of the sponsorship deal. They will allow Premier League on occassion, especially in spoken word such as videos etc, but they are quite strict that it should nearly always be referred to as The Barclay's Prekier League, especially in print. They got a bit shirty at one point cos they hate people referring to the Premiership! That irked me cos I bank at Barclays and there was a sticker on their door for years that called it the Barclays Premiership but the staff always ignored my request to remove it!
I am a City seasoncard holder by the way and not a supporter of any other team!!!!

spelling error...should be the Barclay's Premier League, not the Prekier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.