Camping

citykev28 said:
The only answer isto go this time and make her friends determined to NEVER invite you again. I've included a few handy hints to help you below :

* Whilst erecting the tent, set the tone for the weekend. Kick pegs, stamp on parts of the tent that don't fall into place shouting "CUNTING, FUCKING SHIT IDEA THIS IS" Storm off at least once.

* On the first night, drink yourself into a stupor. Aim to throw up between acouple of tents. Embarrass yourself and missus by recalling your first 69 as a couple by the campfire.

* During the night, people will struggle to sleep. They'll drop off in the early hours. This is when you need to stagger out of your tent, cock in hand, pissing as you go before letting out a blood-curdling scream. If anyone ventures out to see what's up, tell them you heard voices.

* An hour later, wake them all again to ask if anyone has any shite roll. Tell them to hurry up as you can't snap it off without a sink to wash your hands.

* Fuck off on your own in the car for breakfast before your missus or her mates wake up. Return as they struggle to warm up some beans. When your missus asks where you've been, tell her you've had a full english and it was bastard lovely. You had to put something back into your stomach after 'shouting colours' the night before.

* Begin drinking almost immediately. With a bit of luck, they may throw the towel in.

Better advice you shall not find! I salute you.......btw have you been in his situation before by any chance?

Lancet you could always see if there are any hostels near by you could sneak off to.......from what I have been reading though, I'm not sure if this is a step or down the ladder. At least you could be my guinee pig and report back to me with your findings.

MikeBlue said:
citykev28 said:
The only answer isto go this time and make her friends determined to NEVER invite you again. I've included a few handy hints to help you below :

* Whilst erecting the tent, set the tone for the weekend. Kick pegs, stamp on parts of the tent that don't fall into place shouting "CUNTING, FUCKING SHIT IDEA THIS IS" Storm off at least once.

* On the first night, drink yourself into a stupor. Aim to throw up between acouple of tents. Embarrass yourself and missus by recalling your first 69 as a couple by the campfire.

* During the night, people will struggle to sleep. They'll drop off in the early hours. This is when you need to stagger out of your tent, cock in hand, pissing as you go before letting out a blood-curdling scream. If anyone ventures out to see what's up, tell them you heard voices.

* An hour later, wake them all again to ask if anyone has any shite roll. Tell them to hurry up as you can't snap it off without a sink to wash your hands.

* Fuck off on your own in the car for breakfast before your missus or her mates wake up. Return as they struggle to warm up some beans. When your missus asks where you've been, tell her you've had a full english and it was bastard lovely. You had to put something back into your stomach after 'shouting colours' the night before.

* Begin drinking almost immediately. With a bit of luck, they may throw the towel in.

Better advice you shall not find! I salute you.......btw have you been in his situation before by any chance?

Lancet you could always see if there are any hostels near by you could sneak off to.......from what I have been reading though, I'm not sure if this is a step or down the ladder. At least you could be my guinee pig and report back to me with your findings.

There are some great ideas in there. It might even be worth going camping just to be able to carry them out. I'm pretty sure I'd rather camp than stay in a hostel.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:17 pm --<br /><br />
bellbuzzer said:
if my family were keen to try it, then i would have to balance their wishes against my stubborn pragmatism
But we are all different, with different priorities, some men think a couple of days on a camp-site is a small price to pay, noble even, if it spreads a little joy amongst loved ones. On the other hand some men are miserable selfish types who put themselves first
:)

Just for the record, I do lots of stuff that I'd rather not do because my family will enjoy it. I have always made it pretty clear that I am appalled by the idea of camping though and well she fucking knows it too.

Recently went with some mates on a lads and dads camping trip up to Eskdale in the Lakes - fortunately this coincided with the beer festival in the village!!! never been camping before as I always thought I would hate it - my mate said he would lend me his old "family sized" tent and when we got there I wouldn't have left my dog to sleep in it never mind me and my 2 kids!!! Pissed down for 36 hours solid but after copious amounts of real ale I managed to spend the 2 nights in hell without too much moaning - and may even do it again next year!!!

Can't see me ever doing it as a family thing though!!

Love camping gets you out and about .kids love it .Something you can do at short notice.Get in the car off you go 1 hours drive your in silverdale or carnforth .Don't knock it till you'v tried it .Anyway night night campers.

have to agree with the OP on this, why would anyone want to spend their hard earned hols in 3rd world living conditions is a mystery to me, I went camping once, every morning I woke up feeling like absolute shite, and the thought of using (what amounts too) public toilets/showers made things even worse..

give me a nice room in a country pub every time :)

However...................Live & Let Live, if you love it, good onya :)

Go camping they said, it will be good for you they said...

bear-outside-tent.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.