Can they ever be caught?

The old First Division with the 22 teams and only 2 points for a win was far harder to win than the current PL IMO. I dont think it is good for any sport to have a dominant force. The rags and Dippers sucked every last penny out of the game to maintain their positions and continue to do so. They are the culprits for the money driven league we see today.

Arsenal have not been interested in winning the league for years .They would rather not spend the money needed to close the gap.

Celtic have won 102 trophies, including 1 European Cup and 48 league titles. Good for them, I wouldn't swap positions for anything.

It's all about perspective and the competition/strength of the opposition at any given time in history as to whether you have a decent run at some trophies.

With reference to "they" in the OP being the rags and Liverpool, shouldn't the question be when will they win the title again?

Well I bet Liverpool didn't think it would be this long, what is it now, 3 years since they last won it ?

The Division 1/ Premier title followed by the FA cup have always been my priorities although the Champions league would be nice. An invincible season a la Arsenal and PNE would be something special.

Some interesting names in there, especially in the first list. I was fairly unaware that Everton had been champions so many times, for instance. Of course, they did win it twice in the eighties. In this age when so many younger fans seem to think that football was invented along with satellite television and the formation of the Premier League, it’s good to be reminded of these things. For a long time in my lifetime, Villa were the record holders for the number of FA Cup wins.
As for the opening question, I can’t say I care very much. One thing for certain: if the dippers and rags can be caught, I won’t be around to see it.
We can overtake the rags C/L total.

The old First Division with the 22 teams and only 2 points for a win was far harder to win than the current PL IMO. I dont think it is good for any sport to have a dominant force. The rags and Dippers sucked every last penny out of the game to maintain their positions and continue to do so. They are the culprits for the money driven league we see today.

The rags won the majority in the prem era, granted, but let's not delude ourselves, the competition, until recently, was twice has hard to win!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.