Can this team win the title???

Man for man, yes, maybe it could.

However, would it actually? Very unlikely, because the team and manager have no experience of competing at the top for the title. There is a lot more to football than the names on the teamsheet.

I agree that the fullbacks would hold the team back - not because they're crap (they're not) - but because they're not quite good enough as two-way players to compete for the title. Fullback is a crucial position in good teams, and is probably where Liverpool are weakest and maybe why they fell short - good overlapping fullbacks help break down teams that 'park the bus'.

I think this team is will help us acheive our best position in the prem, and be around 5 or 6. I also think we will be around 5 and 6 for a couple of years after that, building a good team which can compete highly in europe and domestic cups, aswell as the league. Then, once established we will make a jump for the top 4.

Things don't happen over night, but if i'm wrong, i won't care as we will be right up there. Either way, were on our way to something special.

pee dubyas crayons said:
Given

Zab Lescott Kompany Bridge

Barry De Jong Ireland

Tevez Etoo Robinho

An embarrasment of riches on the bench including:

Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Petrov, Richards, Onuoha, SWP

Not a chance. It is way too weak at the back. Zab and Bridge are not top full backs. You've got Lescott playing out of position ;-) and there's a big question mark over Kompany as a CD. I also have doubts about De Jong as a holding midfielder.

Everyone else is top 4 quality, but the bench is a bit rubbish.

If we get the Toure brothers you're much closer to a side that can do it, though still that nagging doubt about the full backs.

Id say that side will be pushing for fourth spot with Arsenal. Im looking way ahead but it could all come down to two games this year April10th Tottenham vs Arsenaland April 17th us vs rags. These two games may well decide who finishes fourth and first.

Given
Ned Kompany Lescott Bridge

Du Jong

Ireland Barry

Tevez RSC Robinho

I would like to see this team next season. I don't think we will get Et'o but I think Tevez is a strong possibility. RSC will be here if he passes a medical. Moyes is tricky and it would take some delicate negotiating to get Lescott. The bench would look like this Zab, Richards, SWP, Bellamy, GK, Petrov and Boj. I don't think Bridge is as bad as some on here and yes he had a poor season last year. Robinho is a luxury and it was difficult for Bridge playing behind him. Barry was bought for this reason.

It wouldn't surprise me if we did finish in the top 4,an announcement would be made by uefa that "in order to make the champions league more competitive,we wont allow teams in from small countries in just to make up the numbers,but instead,the top 5 from the strongest countries."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.