Can this team win the title???

terry_phealens_mum said:
just dont see the defence being tight enough, thats gonna be our problem although barcelona won their league and cl even with a shit defence, does anyone else think we could do with another quality midfielder pushing for a place, think elano and petrov s days are over, maybe bentley?
But Bentley is a winger rather than a midfielder, although Hughes will probably sign him anyway. How about Petrov being developed as a midfielder now that he has lost his pace? We also have Zabaleta as a potential midfield dynamo in the Asa Hartford/ Gerry Gow mould.

No, it can't win the title. Can push the top 4 though. Arsenal is looking pretty damn vulnerable, I'm not convinced Everton and Aston Villa don't have what it takes. I think Spurs will actually be our biggest threat.

Oh, and we won't get Eto'o.

BrianW said:
I think we have two advantages next season: 1. Not being in Europe, we don't need a huge squad to compete and 2. The Sky 4 are all showing signs of weakness/instability.

However, and it's a big however, no-one should underestimate how far the Sky 4 are ahead of the pack. To close that gap and finish on top, all in one season, would be an incredible achievement, even if we could get hold of 6 or 7 of the world's top players.

I don't think it can be done. If it happens, Hughes will deserve a knighthood, a huge statue outside COMS made of gold, and to be an eternal legend.
and a bonus..dont forget the bonus

terry_phealens_mum said:
just dont see the defence being tight enough, thats gonna be our problem although barcelona won their league and cl even with a shit defence, does anyone else think we could do with another quality midfielder pushing for a place, think elano and petrov s days are over, maybe bentley?

did you say quality midfielder and bentley in the same sentence?
Was over-rated at Blackburn and this was proved in his time at Spurs last year...and to be honest when we've got SWP, Ireland and hopefully Weiss starting to fulfil his undoubted potential on the rightwing we don't need another overpaid player who's not gonna play that much....but I do see the link....hughes managed him and got a lot better out of him than Harry!

waterfootblues said:
Given
Ned Kompany Lescott Bridge

Du Jong

Ireland Barry

Tevez RSC Robinho

I would like to see this team next season. I don't think we will get Et'o but I think Tevez is a strong possibility. RSC will be here if he passes a medical. Moyes is tricky and it would take some delicate negotiating to get Lescott. The bench would look like this Zab, Richards, SWP, Bellamy, GK, Petrov and Boj. I don't think Bridge is as bad as some on here and yes he had a poor season last year. Robinho is a luxury and it was difficult for Bridge playing behind him. Barry was bought for this reason.

Good shout, but I would like to see another top class centre back with Lescott. What about Toure(or is he left footed as well as Lescott?)

Ian said:
waterfootblues said:
Given
Ned Kompany Lescott Bridge

Du Jong

Ireland Barry

Tevez RSC Robinho

I would like to see this team next season. I don't think we will get Et'o but I think Tevez is a strong possibility. RSC will be here if he passes a medical. Moyes is tricky and it would take some delicate negotiating to get Lescott. The bench would look like this Zab, Richards, SWP, Bellamy, GK, Petrov and Boj. I don't think Bridge is as bad as some on here and yes he had a poor season last year. Robinho is a luxury and it was difficult for Bridge playing behind him. Barry was bought for this reason.

Good shout, but I would like to see another top class centre back with Lescott. What about Toure(or is he left footed as well as Lescott?)

I agree with you there Ian , also would love his brother in the dm role.

Great team. I agree with the concensus that top 5,6 is possible.
The thing that could change that is the scousers and arse struggling to get their men in the transfer market. That could let someone in US, Villa or Everton maybe?

Can't wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.