Can we count Liverpool and Villa out?

They looked really good when giving a football lesson to Sunderland last week, it really is going to be a rollercoaster finish. Villa though have no chance whatsoever in my opinion. There's something going on behind the scenes there, and that will really take the edge off their finish to the season.

Marvin said:
squirtyflower said:
things may become clearer today
depends how liverpool perform, they seem to be improving but it could be just a blip
if they draw today the maximum points they can gain will be 70 which means them having to go into every game looking for a win, and that's when you leave yourself open at the back, and are pressured into making mistakes
personally can see them drawing with both brum and chelsea and win the rest which leaves them on 68 points
we need three more wins to match that (brum and WHU hopefully) plus four more points sees us above them
At least our wins have put Liverpool, Spurs and Villa under pressure. It's not easy to play football like that.....although Liverpool are used to it so perhaps it doesn't affect them in the same way. I thought the pressure was getting to City and the crowd in the games against Everton and Wigan
agreed liverpool are more used to the pressure than anyone else
spurs and villa have added pressure this week with the semi-finals and then probably spurs the final, and may take their eye off the ball so to speak
liverpool have a tough game on thursday, i hope they make it through, and could well stretch them too

1_barry_conlon said:
But adopting a 'glass half empty' scenario isn't going to help is it? For once let the glass be 'half full' And yes i have seen it all before as i've been watching them since 1969 but it would make a pleasant change if everyone, for once, were galvanised and think positive.

Some should try it, it may make a pleasurable change!

Having looked at their current position, and games to come I think Liverpool, Villa and Spurs are threats to the top 4.

Closing my eyes and pretending they're not isn't going to make me feel any better (I feel fine as it is thanks), and it's not going to make one bit of difference to the end result.

So why bother pretending a team isn't a threat when I think they are?

moomba said:
1_barry_conlon said:
But adopting a 'glass half empty' scenario isn't going to help is it? For once let the glass be 'half full' And yes i have seen it all before as i've been watching them since 1969 but it would make a pleasant change if everyone, for once, were galvanised and think positive.

Some should try it, it may make a pleasurable change!

Having looked at their current position, and games to come I think Liverpool, Villa and Spurs are threats to the top 4.

Closing my eyes and pretending they're not isn't going to make me feel any better (I feel fine as it is thanks), and it's not going to make one bit of difference to the end result.

So why bother pretending a team isn't a threat when I think they are?

Sorry, i thought a forum was about opinions. I'll just sit here biting my nails then for the next 5 weeks whilst worrying about a team who are on the decline and haven't impressed whatsoever this season.

You can pretty much count Villa out, I don't think they've got the tools to do it. Liverpool however are quite capable of winning all remaining games and I still wouldn't write them off.

A loss today could go a good way to putting them out of it though

Christ! So many doom-mongers on here. Barry Conlon's the only one here with an ounce of optimism, it seems.

We are in the driving seat. 4th place is ours to either grab or throw away. Spurs and Liverpool would love nothing better than to be in our position, you can bet your life on that. And yet we've got fans on here saying we should be looking over our shoulders all the time.
We can afford the odd draw here and there, probably the rags and Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool do not have such a luxury - especially Spurs.

I honestly think yesterday saw the final nail in the coffin of Spurs' C.L. dream.
Effectively it's between us and the dippers who gets the 4th place, and on current form would you really put your house on Benitez to deliver the goods?

I bloody wouldn't.

Marvin said:
squirtyflower said:
things may become clearer today
depends how liverpool perform, they seem to be improving but it could be just a blip
if they draw today the maximum points they can gain will be 70 which means them having to go into every game looking for a win, and that's when you leave yourself open at the back, and are pressured into making mistakes
personally can see them drawing with both brum and chelsea and win the rest which leaves them on 68 points
we need three more wins to match that (brum and WHU hopefully) plus four more points sees us above them
At least our wins have put Liverpool, Spurs and Villa under pressure. It's not easy to play football like that.....although Liverpool are used to it so perhaps it doesn't affect them in the same way. I thought the pressure was getting to City and the crowd in the games against Everton and Wigan

We have to go to title contenders Arsenal and have title contenders United to play, they are both under immense pressure especially if they get through in the CL(unlikely but you never know). They have to slip up eventually and we go into those games and look at both those sides yesterday, under pressure and struggling.

1_barry_conlon said:
Sorry, i thought a forum was about opinions. I'll just sit here biting my nails then for the next 5 weeks whilst worrying about a team who are on the decline and haven't impressed whatsoever this season.

It is about opinions, so why are you having a go at people because they think Liverpool are a chance of finishing higher than us.

Its far from over. Lets not get carried away. We need to create the derby atmosphere for every remaining home game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.