Can we cut Edin a break?

Damocles said:
The Colonel said:
more goals per minute on the pitch than anyone else

Mario has a better goals per minute. In fact, Mario has the second best goals per minute in the league last year just behind Papiss Cisse.

(there you go cyprustavern) :)

Thanks for the correction (2nd though I'm sure) and doesn't disprove my point. Put your pitch fork away.

Damocles said:
royle said:
Pearcey said:
But he has scored some very important goals.

And there should end this discussion,Edin scores important goals. Enough said.

So did Paul Dickov but he shouldn't be in our team either

Take away Edins goals from last season and we wouldn't be champions,replace him with Dickov in his prime and we wouldn't be champions.

Like it or not he is just as important to our success as Aguero.

Damocles said:
I like reading your stuff usually mate, but I think that this Dzeko criticism is unwarranted. He obviously plays a part in our side and has scored crucial goals, as he is supposed to. If the boss wanted him gone, he'd be gone. He isn't the most technical, but he plays for us and eez important to the way we play, i just don't get the hate.

Edin is a very good player, something different to our other striking options. He can look clumsy but big fellas often do. I'm more bothered that he isnt happy, last season when he scored he would give it full beans in his celebration. This year he's celebrated less than Mario does, i think he wants to go.

ABU inc GDR said:
City fans don't hate players at all, were the most charitable fans to current and ex players. However, Dzeko isn't good enough against the top teams and in Europe, why?

1. touch,
2. hold up play,
3. running with ball,
4. slows the game up so no counter attacks with him,
5. poor positional play which is why people don't pass to him,
6. misses too many chances,
7. we loose possession when he gets caught offside too much,
8. lazy, doesn't work hard enough for the team like Tevez and Aguero,
You must not have seen much of Dzeko to compile a list like that (or are you having fun wumming us?).
Counterattack, really? That's one of his strengths! City is fighting parked busses most of the time so we don't get to see counterattacks often. If you can, check out some of his Wolfsburg games.
I'll give you poor touch way too often (confidence player and all that) and of course that he cannot match Aguero and Tevez's work rate (few players do). That's it.

Dzeko is a goalscorer and perhaps one day that won't be enough to keep him in the team, but today City still needs his contribution.

Yaya_Tony said:
Damocles said:
I like reading your stuff usually mate, but I think that this Dzeko criticism is unwarranted. He obviously plays a part in our side and has scored crucial goals, as he is supposed to. If the boss wanted him gone, he'd be gone. He isn't the most technical, but he plays for us and eez important to the way we play, i just don't get the hate.

I don't hate him. I don't even dislike him. I dislike his hyper-sensitive fan club on here full of fans who couldn't give two shits about City and are slagging our club and our forum of on other sites saying that they can't wait for Dzeko to move. I think Edin has a poor touch and he isn't suited to the style that we want to play, and he often gives the ball away in promising attacking situations. That's about it really.

This whole thread was started as a response to a post I made which was a post-match review type thing and had about three sentences on Dzeko stating that he didn't have a good game.

All you can ask of your striker is to score goals. He has the touch of a rapist at times, but has consistently found the back of the net since last year. We wouldn't have won the fa cup or the league without him

yankblue said:
All you can ask of your striker is to score goals. He has the touch of a rapist at times, but has consistently found the back of the net since last year. We wouldn't have won the fa cup or the league without him
We probably could have won the Premier League with a bit of breathing space if we had somebody like Cavani.

Edin plays his part but he is not good enough. It really is as simple as that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.