Can we cut Edin a break?

Made my views quite clear on Dzeko. Sick of people saying he is great blah blah blah. He has scored 2 goals this season which any body could have scored. He just is not good enough however I will always give my support whilst he is wearing the blue.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Made my views quite clear on Dzeko. Sick of people saying he is great blah blah blah. He has scored 2 goals this season which any body could have scored. He just is not good enough however I will always give my support whilst he is wearing the blue.

Anybody has to be in the position to score those goals,Edins positional sense is excellent which is why he is always in the right place at the right time.

royle said:

Anybody has to be in the position to score those goals,Edins positional sense is excellent which is why he is always in the right place at the right time.

Positional sense??? Next game,just watch the difference between him and Tevez. Work rate,touch. Tevez drags 2-3 players away from him creating space. Edin just does not do that. I hope we sign Falcao in Jan or next summer...

royle said:

Positional sense??? Next game,just watch the difference between him and Tevez. Work rate,touch. Tevez drags 2-3 players away from him creating space. Edin just does not do that.

This bit is blatantly false. If the pundits can pick up on how much space Edin creates for Tevez then you, as a City supporter, should be able to as well. I wish I was handy with GIFs so I could remind you all the times that he dragged defenders away from Tevez in the last 3 games.

Robbo. said:
He makes shit look good

Wow you really thought that through didn't you. Edin is a class act. We don't play to his strengths that's all. He could've had 4 or 5 today if the right passes were made. He's scored so many important goals for us that it's mind boggling were seeing ridiculous comments like the one above. Some fans are embarrassing!!

He seems to play a lot better when he gets regular game time.

That might mean we won't often see the best of him.

NoJabbaNoBogRoll said:

I've always thought this, and hope that the signing of Scott Sinclair means that we will see more goals from Edin. Let's face it 5-6 years ago we would have been drooling over the thought of so good a forward at our club!

Don't get too hysterical guys, remember when we were shit?

NoJabbaNoBogRoll said:

Definitely..

There are lot Bosnians who think Edin should get fairly more time but let's be honest - that's never gonna happen with Aguero and Tevez. He'll never get 5 starts in a row unless someone is injured or Tevez gets golfsick :)

With all his bad stuff, (and he is far away from world class striker he once was and I doubt he'll be as good again while at City), he is too good to sit on bench but he decided to stay so it's his choice. It would probably be better for him if he moved somewhere as he is good enough to score galore of them anywhere.

Many people just talk crap and know fuck all about football as there is handfull number of strikers int he world that are good enough to find themselves in as many chances as Dzeko is.

He is still the guy who raped Bundesliga for 2 consecutive years scoring 49 goals in the process and same guy who was joint best scorer of 2010 World Cup qualifiers playing for bloody Bosnia. You don't do that if you're not bloody good. And he was bloody good.

But he lost his self-confidence completely and misses many of them nowadays, nothing that wouldn't be fixed in a month if perspective would be different.

On the end, he'll continue to divide "the world" and we'll see quite a few of threads like this one for at least few months more as that circle would never end.. he won't have regular time, that will affect his game and his football won't make anyone excited but he'll still score quite enough for other half to fight first one.

Damocles said:
United - Rooney/RVP
Barca - Sanchez/Villa
Madrid - Benzema/Higuain
Munich - Gomez/Muller
Dortmund - Lewandowski/Reus

In that entire lot, who exactly are there solely as aerial threats? Gomez is pretty good in the air, but he's a ground player. They are all ground players. Bezema and Rooney are power players but not aerial players.

Dzeko is significantly better than Gomez, Muller, Lewandowski and Reus.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:08 pm --<br /><br />
Damocles said:
Dzeko won't start against Stoke simply because Aguero should be back for it.

And if you think he'll start in front of Sergio and Tevez, you're insane

Aguero won't start against Stoke anyway. He will come off the bench, in order to be right for the Madrid match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.