Can we cut Edin a break?

isn't dzeko your fourth choice striker?

most clubs would be fucked if 2 of their strikers got injured. dzeko is easily good enough for that role. you've got it good boys, i doubt you'd get a striker better than him to be fourth choice.

I thought he was good today. Held the ball up well on a few occasions and scored an important goal. His touch wasn't that bad either, though he did fluff a few passes when we were breaking but meh.

Damocles said:
Yaya_Tony said:
Damocles said:
I like reading your stuff usually mate, but I think that this Dzeko criticism is unwarranted. He obviously plays a part in our side and has scored crucial goals, as he is supposed to. If the boss wanted him gone, he'd be gone. He isn't the most technical, but he plays for us and eez important to the way we play, i just don't get the hate.

I don't hate him. I don't even dislike him. I dislike his hyper-sensitive fan club on here full of fans who couldn't give two shits about City and are slagging our club and our forum of on other sites saying that they can't wait for Dzeko to move. I think Edin has a poor touch and he isn't suited to the style that we want to play, and he often gives the ball away in promising attacking situations. That's about it really.

This whole thread was started as a response to a post I made which was a post-match review type thing and had about three sentences on Dzeko stating that he didn't have a good game.
If that is happening, that is a poor show in a nutshell, much more I could say if I could be arsed typing it. I agree with both your points, he does have a poor first touch imho too, and as our team seem to play without wingers, it works, but maybe shouldn't work with Dzeko. Personally, whatever criticism he can get as a player, I can't get past last seasons goals so as long as Bob sees it fit to include him this season, that's good enough for me.

That doesn't mean we can't improve, but for now given his work so far, we can't fuck him off. We can however fuck off his fanboys. If they don't support City and have nothing constructive to add, there is plenty of canals in Manchester to dive in.

Reminds me of a certain Mr Goater. Shit touch at times, can have very dodgy performances, but most importantly he scores goals. The main job of a forward is to score goals, and what did Dzeko do today?

I've found my opinion of Dzeko has changed so many times over the course of his time here but I think I've found my final opinion on the man:

He is not clinical, he will miss far more than he scores and by quite a horrific margin to boot. He is however the only player on our team to get into those positions and as a result will get goals from places we simply would not otherwise. It is fustrating and I do hold a belief he has a deep seeded hatred of the sky but he will score goals given enough chances and he finds those chances much more than our other strikers.

I suspect many will disagree, but thats the conclusion i've come to on the fellow.

Train said:
I thought he was good today. Held the ball up well on a few occasions and scored an important goal. His touch wasn't that bad either, though he did fluff a few passes when we were breaking but meh.

He struggled to trap a bag of cement today in my opinion. Scored a goal yes, but just didn't look interested....hey ho we won and he's a City player so he will always get my support.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Train said:

He struggled to trap a bag of cement today in my opinion. Scored a goal yes, but just didn't look interested....hey ho we won and he's a City player so he will always get my support.
Are you fucking nuts? Did you see his face after he scored? That was determined, like he had a point to prove. Maybe he did, but disinterested is not the word.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Train said:

He looked not interested many times in 2nd part of last season but if you saw him as not interested yesterday than you were on drugs.

Never stopped moving and in that aspect it was his best game for long, long time and by some margin.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.