Can we cut Edin a break?

have-a-break-have-a-kit-kat-small.jpg

I understand that occasionally his first touch is not perfection, though sometimes it is! - I like Edin and clearly he gets the moans and groans more than most. He was in the game and far more effective yesterday than Tevez, his effort and overall contribution utterly overshadowed that of Mario against Lpool - and he scores goals.

We have such wonderful players that our perception of what is "f*ckin' shite, that!" has shifted....

EDWARD19 said:
Good post EF. A buddy of mine was saying the other day how your average fan is just so clueless when it comes to overall ability to see the game. Basically anything that is very obviously good to everyone they'll praise, other than that it's just a lot of generalizations and bs that can be pointed at 99% of the league's players. You get a lot of people ignoring statistics and pointing out what they "feel". It's quite sad actually.

Then your buddy is an arrogant twat. I wouldn't start coming here with that type of attitude, the average poster on here will run rings around you for football knowledge. Some of them to the level of embarrassment.

Do you mean lazy generalizations that ignore stats like the one you made earlier about how everybody needs an aerial threat to be successful despite all successful teams having little to no aerial threat in a Dzeko mould?

Or do you mean the type that ignore the stats that say that Dzeko gave the ball away more than any other outfield player last year? Considering the minutes he played, this is quite an achievement

Dzeko has his abilities, he's in no way a bad footballer, he'll score goals, and he'll hold up the ball, but his also has his limitations. His first touch is pretty poor if truth be told, the numbe rof times he fails to bring it under control and loses the ball borders on the criminal at times. His passing is also iffy, too many times the simple pass is misplaced. He also lacks a yard of pace, a problem which is exacerbated by the speed with which Premiership games are played.

Overall Dzeko is a pretty good player, however City are not a pretty good team, we are a very good team, possibly even an excellent team, we need players of a comparable level of ability. Dzeko doesn't particularly suit our style of play, we need a target man style forward with better close control, and better ability with his feet.

I'll always be happy to see him on the team sheet as long as I'm in the knowledge he'll bang in goals, but that won't stop me being frustrated as his clumsiness. Watching RVP for the rags yesterday made me realise the gulf in quality between the two strikers, not that I'm saying it would have been a shrewd signing.

Damocles said:
EDWARD19 said:
Good post EF. A buddy of mine was saying the other day how your average fan is just so clueless when it comes to overall ability to see the game. Basically anything that is very obviously good to everyone they'll praise, other than that it's just a lot of generalizations and bs that can be pointed at 99% of the league's players. You get a lot of people ignoring statistics and pointing out what they "feel". It's quite sad actually.

Then your buddy is an arrogant twat. I wouldn't start coming here with that type of attitude, the average poster on here will run rings around you for football knowledge. Some of them to the level of embarrassment.

Do you mean lazy generalizations that ignore stats like the one you made earlier about how everybody needs an aerial threat to be successful despite all successful teams having little to no aerial threat in a Dzeko mould?

Or do you mean the type that ignore the stats that say that Dzeko gave the ball away more than any other outfield player last year? Considering the minutes he played, this is quite an achievement

On the other side of the coin bud is the goals he scored considering the minutes he played..

Dzeko giving the ball away didnt cost us the title but his goals did help us win it...

swings and roundabouts tbh..But at the end of the day what we think are just words on a forum..I'ts what Mancini thinks that matters.

IF we are going to play to Edin's strengths then we need to get the ball down and we need to get crosses in for him to head home. This especially applies to when we have corners how many times has the ball failed to get pass the 1st man

I sat in front of an "Edin Hater" at the game an Saturday (Block 142 I was in K, he was in L). He whinged and whined through the whole effing game, calling Dzeko all sorts. His daughter also joined in the Dzeko hating fun as her confidence built. They were complete arseholes.

He was wearing Blue so deserved our support. Plus he may make a few mistakes (heaven forbid), but he also scores decent goals. I think he needs, and deserves, our support. he seems a confidence player to me and he can really do without the banal, crass abuse he was getting from the arse behind me on Saturday.

In the 40 years I have been watching city I have seen plenty of crap strikers.

Edin isn't one of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.