Can we cut Edin a break?

The good thing about Dzeko is that he offers something different to the other strikers.
Last season against Qpr it felt like one of those games where we could have played all night and not scored until he came on and did what the world class forwards with fantastic first touches hadn't been able to do.
His goal today was similar and you need to have the option to mix it up a bit and that's what makes him such a valuable player for us.

80s Shorts said:
Damocles said:
80s Shorts said:
World class striker would have won us the game though. He lost us two points if that is how you perceive things.

So by your logic a striker must score every possible chance to be world class?

Ahem, re-read. That is obviously what I am not saying.

You are saying that a world class striker would have scored his one chance in the 80 minutes he's played this season?

I have occasionaly been a critic of Dzeko. Today he was very good.

I was disappointed Kolarov and Milner didn't find him because he deserved a hat trick. Would have taken the pressure off

urmston said:
Edin's OK.

He is good at what he does best - scoring goals.

It's up to City to provide him with the chances, and all that fancy work trying to pass the ball into the net isn't going to do that.

Exactly. Stick him in the box and give him decent supply and he will bag them for us.

-- Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:22 pm --

Damocles said:
80s Shorts said:
Damocles said:
So by your logic a striker must score every possible chance to be world class?

Ahem, re-read. That is obviously what I am not saying.

You are saying that a world class striker would have scored his one chance in the 80 minutes he's played this season?

No I did not. I said it is how some people perceive things. I thought it was a simple point really.

I think the thing with him is that fans get frustrated because one moment he can pluck a ball out of the sky then 5 minutes later can't trap a pea roller, of which we saw a few examples of that today. I've said before on his monthly character assassination threads that he is a confidence player and when he gets on a goal scoring run he keeps it up, didn't help him last season when he was banging the goals in then got rested and after that he lost his touch. He does get to much undue stick on here though you know your on a loser when you score goals and still get shit, joke really.

Some people rate him, some people don't.

When he's on the pitch he gets everyone's full support.

Why do people have to create so many threads about him?

bammy blue said:
I think the thing with him is that fans get frustrated because one moment he can pluck a ball out of the sky then 5 minutes later can't trap a pea roller,

This is exactly what drives me up the wall. WTF, it has to be said?

some right whinging twats round us whining about his every touch

then of course he scores like he does so often and everyone else around us gives them grief...........................and rightly so

9th highest scorer in the league last season despite his lack of regular starts
including the one that allowed Sergio to win the league for us

2 in 3 so far this season

like the Goat this guy will miss lots of chances and his first touch may not be the best........BUT he knows where the back of the onion bag is and he finds it on a regular basis

give him a break you whingers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.