Can we cut Edin a break?

80s Shorts said:
Damocles said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
His point is still valid though. If one of the more popular members on here made this thread then it would be discussed in more detail.

There's nothing to discuss. He's made a thread for the sole purpose of stopping people discussing the fact that Dzeko has poor control and passing. There is no point at all. Saying "he has 2 goals in 3 games" is daft because he missed a good 4 chances in there that another striker may have buried.

People like to use ridiculous shit like "well, you just want to slag someone off", which is legitimately fucking stupid, because we've noted that he gives the ball away a lot and isn't a quick thinking as the rest of the team around him. To the non-City fans who are here solely to support Dzeko, this is the worst possible thing that has ever happened and they must make threads over and over and over to stop us from doing so.

Listen, this is not a place to worship your hero. It's a place where City fans come together to discuss their club and its players. Kolarov and Kolo Toure get a billion times more stick than Dzeko but where's their threads demanding that we stop pointing this out? We discuss the good and bad of all of our players and Dzeko is one of our players. If you hero worshippers cannot handle this, then I'll politely suggest that you find somewhere else to worship as this is not going to change

EDIT: I'm not talking directly to you, Dzeko's Right Boot, rather to the OP

How many has Balo missed that he should have scored this season.

One that I can recall. Is this somehow relevant?

He’s not a graceful player, indeed he often looks clumsy, he often has the first touch of a dry stone wall and is never going to skip past three defenders the way Sergio or Tevez can. But. Get the ball to him in the box and he will score goals. A lot of goals, even in a team not set up to play to his strengths his strike rate is excellent, his movement is very good and he’s often more involved in the build-up than many remember (the LC winner at the Emirates and the ball for the fifth in the 6-1 being the best examples). I really am surprised at the stick he seems to get on here.

Damocles said:
80s Shorts said:
Damocles said:
There's nothing to discuss. He's made a thread for the sole purpose of stopping people discussing the fact that Dzeko has poor control and passing. There is no point at all. Saying "he has 2 goals in 3 games" is daft because he missed a good 4 chances in there that another striker may have buried.

People like to use ridiculous shit like "well, you just want to slag someone off", which is legitimately fucking stupid, because we've noted that he gives the ball away a lot and isn't a quick thinking as the rest of the team around him. To the non-City fans who are here solely to support Dzeko, this is the worst possible thing that has ever happened and they must make threads over and over and over to stop us from doing so.

Listen, this is not a place to worship your hero. It's a place where City fans come together to discuss their club and its players. Kolarov and Kolo Toure get a billion times more stick than Dzeko but where's their threads demanding that we stop pointing this out? We discuss the good and bad of all of our players and Dzeko is one of our players. If you hero worshippers cannot handle this, then I'll politely suggest that you find somewhere else to worship as this is not going to change

How many has Balo missed that he should have scored this season.

One that I can recall. Is this somehow relevant?

World class striker would have won us the game though. He lost us two points if that is how you perceive things.

Damocles said:
Dzeko's Right Boot said:
Damocles said:
No, we're just City fans. Thus, anybody who plays for us is discussed on here with their strengths and faults.

You're a Dzeko fan. You don't care about City. Thus, you only come here to read about how magnificent your hero is.

His point is still valid though. If one of the more popular members on here made this thread then it would be discussed in more detail.

Sadly you are very right in that we will continue to scapegoat some of our own players while others can play crap week after week and never get a bad word said about them, but this has gone on with us for as long as I can remember (just the quality of players we are abusing has risen considerably).
Still see no reason why other Blues cant start a thread showing the positive aspects that a player being ridiculed (wrongly) brings to the table.

Now dont get me started on Lescott....... :-)

80s Shorts said:
World class striker would have won us the game though. He lost us two points if that is how you perceive things.

So by your logic a striker must score every possible chance to be world class?

Edin's OK.

He is good at what he does best - scoring goals.

It's up to City to provide him with the chances, and all that fancy work trying to pass the ball into the net isn't going to do that.

Damocles said:
80s Shorts said:

So by your logic a striker must score every possible chance to be world class?

Ahem, re-read. That is obviously what I am not saying.

80s Shorts said:
stan bowles said:
Aren't we allowed to comment on his performance then other than to sing his praises ? Some people think he did well today, others not. Isn't that what a forum is supposed to be about ? He has lots of strengths but a few weaknesses too. I think you have to accept the high and lows with a player like Dzeko.

Play Silva as a DM and see his weaknesses. We are asking him to fit into a system that does not agree with him.

Yes indeed. If people want to comment on any player then they should be able to. Dzeko is no exception. Silva was awful against Southampton in his normal role and took enough flak over it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.