Can we cut Edin a break?

royle said:
FantasyIreland said:
He had a few opportunities around the box that should have led to chances/shots but ultimately he miscontrolled them,he should also be creating more as Tevez and Aguero invariably do when things aren't laid on a plate.

No i wasn't at the game,i watched the game on a stream,i also saw tevez dribble the ball into blind alleys a few times and lose possession in good areas,i saw david Silva miss two very good chances at goal,one from about 2 yards out the other when clean through on goal,the point being it isn't only Dzeko that wastes goal chances and possession in good positions.

If Dzeko was played every game last season he would of scored more than RVP,in my opinion of course,the man is a goal scorer,he isn't a dribbler like Tevez,he doesn't have the mobility of an Aguero,but given the same amount of game time he would score as many if not more goals than both of them.
Give over.

Ahh Dzekos always going to split opinion. Personally, i'm not his biggest fan. Heard people comparing him to the goat, in that he always scores goals. But the fact is, that you have to contribute more at the very top level than goals to be a success. That being said, i thought he played well yesterday, looked really strong in parts and took the ball down from the air really well, which he doesnt always do. Ultimately , he's not going to be here for the long haul because the system we play will never suit him as a footballer, so the debate will certainly end then. Dont see why people always want to get on his back though, I may not rate him as highly as other strikers about ( i've made my admiration for Falcao very clear in the transfer forum) but he's a city player, and when he pulls on that blue and white shirt he deserves 100 % backing, no matter what people think.

pudge said:
law74 said:
Some people watch the ball and only the ball, others see the wider picture, Edin pulls defenders all over the pitch, and still makes space to be in position to finish if the ball arrives.
What he offers is different to Sergio and Tevez in that he also offers an aerial threat, but wont close down as much.
Mario is a very talented player that can learn a lot from training with Edin, Carlos AND Sergio, we are going to have a LOT of big games, so why not just SUPPORT ALL OUR PLAYERS?
Everyone is supported, but when a player does something poor in a match are we not allowed to highlight it?

If we were to mentioned something poor about a player then almost every single one should have something mentioned(every game basically) and that's a really dumb way of supporting your team. Silva's weak shot attempts and hanging on to the ball for too long, Kompany's lack of aggressive play on their striker, Kolarov's lack of vision and not being aware enough defensively, Rodwell's giveaways that led to the goals (the other game)Yaya missing the net completely off of Dzeko's header few feet away from net...The point is, you should only be doing it if bad outweighs all the good and in this case pretty much nobody except the haters are saying that Dzeko had a bad game. That is the point!

EDWARD19 said:
pudge said:
law74 said:
Some people watch the ball and only the ball, others see the wider picture, Edin pulls defenders all over the pitch, and still makes space to be in position to finish if the ball arrives.
What he offers is different to Sergio and Tevez in that he also offers an aerial threat, but wont close down as much.
Mario is a very talented player that can learn a lot from training with Edin, Carlos AND Sergio, we are going to have a LOT of big games, so why not just SUPPORT ALL OUR PLAYERS?
Everyone is supported, but when a player does something poor in a match are we not allowed to highlight it?

If we were to mentioned something poor about a player then almost every single one should have something mentioned(every game basically) and that's a really dumb way of supporting your team. Silva's weak shot attempts and hanging on to the ball for too long, Kompany's lack of aggressive play on their striker, Kolarov's lack of vision and not being aware enough defensively, Rodwell's giveaways that led to the goals (the other game)Yaya missing the net completely off of Dzeko's header few feet away from net...The point is, you should only be doing it if bad outweighs all the good and in this case pretty much nobody except the haters are saying that Dzeko had a bad game. That is the point!
The players who played poorly were criticised as much in the post match thread.

Yet, once again, someone took exception to Dzeko's criticism and this thread is created.

pudge said:
EDWARD19 said:
pudge said:

Yet, once again, someone took exception to Dzeko's criticism and this thread is created.

I agree about that. No need for these threads really. Perhaps because Edin has so many followers (Bosnians mostly) it gets very annoying and so more hatred is created from that which is understandable to a point. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for someone to love a player like Balo (which i do too) and hate Dzeko, especially since a lot of their strengths and weaknesses are the same (good aerial threats, physical battles, strong shots from outside the box, etc).

law74 said:

Criticising on a forum and supporting our players are very different things, at the ground there's always a few moans and groans when he 'controls' it 2 yards but Oooooohhhhhh Edin Dzekoooooooo is sung plenty too.

I get pretty annoyed with Dzeko to be honest, his play varies between world class and utter shite, he gets goals yes but we need more than his (currently) erratic finishing brings imo yesterday he had a pass completion a little above 70% and got 40% of his shots on target, not doing well enough imo at the minute so I'd go to a midfield 3 with Yaya pushed up and Tevez up top on his own untill we have more options back up front.

He didnt have a bad game but it wasnt great either.

It was a 6/10 for me. His goal was good but he still slows the play down at times and his control and passing aren't good enough.

EDWARD19 said:
pudge said:
EDWARD19 said:

I agree about that. No need for these threads really. Perhaps because Edin has so many followers (Bosnians mostly) it gets very annoying and so more hatred is created from that which is understandable to a point. Otherwise it doesn't make sense for someone to love a player like Balo (which i do too) and hate Dzeko, especially since a lot of their strengths and weaknesses are the same (good aerial threats, physical battles, strong shots from outside the box, etc).
There's a difference between hating a player and not rating them.

Nobody hates Dzeko but some people just don't rate him as highly as others and some take exception to that.

pudge said:
EDWARD19 said:
pudge said:

There's a difference between hating a player and not rating them.

Nobody hates Dzeko but some people just don't rate him as highly as others and some take exception to that.

Fair enough. I don't like when anyone gets too attached to any 1 player in particular. There were times last season when Balo was struggling and his fans still wanted him ahead of Edin. It made me think, do these guys care more about winning or getting to see their favourite player play?..I couldn't understand that and yes it should work the same way with all the players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.