Can We Opt Out Of Europa League?

cleavers said:
hisroyalblueness said:
Can't anyone on this forum just be grateful for what we're served?
Many of us are, you only need to read the form to see that, yes there is some negativity after a defeat, but we very rarely lose these days, and it hurts more. Its called frustration.

If this is causing anyone frustration then what was it causing in the late 70's, 80's, 90's and through to a couple of seasons ago? To my mind, frustration is when you can't seem to string 2 wins together for a couple of decades. Doing what we did last season was bliss to me and this season has been absolute magic compared to anything I've ever known.

I guess I'm probably a typical City fan because, as a dyed in the wool Blue, I never presume that we're going to win any game. I go in hope, show passionate support and bite my nails until we have at least a 3 goal lead and less than 5 minutes until the final whistle. I have no intention of getting arrogant about any game so will never suffer the tantrum fits of a spoilt child that a few less pragmatic (newer?) fans are showing in this forum tonight.

Wrist cutting talk over a rare defeat . . . what the fuck? Where's the famous stoicism and where's the City sense of humour?

Well said hrb. Good to see a few on here are still sensible and grounded. Some seem to have forgotten how far we have come in a short space of time.

powersleftfoot said:
Well said hrb. Good to see a few on here are still sensible and grounded. Some seem to have forgotten how far we have come in a short space of time.

Too much too soon? I think so...we aren't on Barca's level yet...we have ways to go. Our first step was to be in a position to win the PL title...and we are.

I can't believe the arrogance of some people on Bluemoon.

The Europa League is NOT a nothing competition. If we do end up in it, it is a high-profile chance to bring further publicity to the name of Manchester City.

And why will it hamper our chances of winning the league? In our four immediate post-Champions' League Premier matches, we have won all but one of them - and we drew that game. The teams in the Europa League are, with respect to them, not as strong as those in the Champions' League and we have coped well enough so far this season.

And why play EDS squad members? We have a big enough squad to cope easily with both the Europa League and the Premier League.

Also, as has been mentioned, we need all the wins in European competition we can get to improve our coefficient and thus enable us to be seeded in a higher pot next season, assuming we qualify for the Champions' League, of course.

And OP, if this is how you feel, maybe you would be better off following that bunch of rags in Salford!

Why is it that ManYoo play at home after every match in the CL this season. And City play away after every match in the CL?

Smells like *****

hisroyalblueness said:
cleavers said:
hisroyalblueness said:
Can't anyone on this forum just be grateful for what we're served?
Many of us are, you only need to read the form to see that, yes there is some negativity after a defeat, but we very rarely lose these days, and it hurts more. Its called frustration.

If this is causing anyone frustration then what was it causing in the late 70's, 80's, 90's and through to a couple of seasons ago? To my mind, frustration is when you can't seem to string 2 wins together for a couple of decades. Doing what we did last season was bliss to me and this season has been absolute magic compared to anything I've ever known.

I guess I'm probably a typical City fan because, as a dyed in the wool Blue, I never presume that we're going to win any game. I go in hope, show passionate support and bite my nails until we have at least a 3 goal lead and less than 5 minutes until the final whistle. I have no intention of getting arrogant about any game so will never suffer the tantrum fits of a spoilt child that a few less pragmatic (newer?) fans are showing in this forum tonight.

Wrist cutting talk over a rare defeat . . . what the fuck? Where's the famous stoicism and where's the City sense of humour?
Jesus there you go again about newer fans you really are the dogs bollocks you are,a fine example of a city fan well done you mwah. Oh sorry you probably kiss your reflection yourself every day so i will take the mwah back,good god your great.

We haven't sorted this European system out yet.
Perhaps the Europa League will give us (and Bobby) the chance to do just that.

M18CTID said:
rickmcfc said:
If we drop down into the Europa League, can we opt out of it all together? Dont get me wrong, it would be great to win it, but its a nothing cup and will seriously hamper our league chances which i feel is much more important. If we can, i say get out asap. If we cant do that, is there any rule which states we must play a certain % of players who were in the Champions League Squad? If there isnt, i would put out the EDS squad and have the first team focus on the league. Thoughts?

Smacks of arrogance to me. The Europa League might be more detrimental to our team's form than the Champions League but saying it's beneath us doesn't sit well with me. A cup is a cup at the end of the day and our squad is better equipped than last season to deal with the rigours of it if we do end up dropping into it.

Plus if we do drop into it and do well, that will count for us next year when hopefully we qualify again for the Chumps league....you never know we might be seeded next time around....

Jesus, Joseph and Mary.
Drop out of a competition? What, like the rags did with the FAC?
Let's not forget that the old League Cup was also deemed to be less than worthy when it started by the rags. They didn't even enter it for the first few years.
How many more competitions shall we drop out of? I know, if we win the Prem 10 years on the trot then let's just go for the CL in the next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.