Can We Opt Out Of Europa League?

Guys.... our club is making loses here and this would help us make quite a bit of money (although only about 1/2 of what we could have made in the Champions League). We have a massive squad of players who can improve a lot by playing in the Europa League. Plus there are benefits in so many others ways. We have 2 strong teams in our squad. We should play the likes of dzeko, johnson, zaba, savic and this will be a very good opportunity of either gain form or improve as players playing against other teams in europe. Plus chelsea will also probably be going down with us and maybe even ManU so there's no shame. Come on guys... Talking about OPTING OUT of the Europa League is ridiculous.

kp789 said:
I would be over the moon if we won the Europa league. Call it what you will, it is still a major European trophy.

certainly bigger than any other cup outside of the league

This thread smacks of ragism (made up word but i like it), "we should opt out", "a nothing trophy", lets walk eh lads before we can run.

M18CTID said:
rickmcfc said:
If we drop down into the Europa League, can we opt out of it all together? Dont get me wrong, it would be great to win it, but its a nothing cup and will seriously hamper our league chances which i feel is much more important. If we can, i say get out asap. If we cant do that, is there any rule which states we must play a certain % of players who were in the Champions League Squad? If there isnt, i would put out the EDS squad and have the first team focus on the league. Thoughts?

Smacks of arrogance to me. The Europa League might be more detrimental to our team's form than the Champions League but saying it's beneath us doesn't sit well with me. A cup is a cup at the end of the day and our squad is better equipped than last season to deal with the rigours of it if we do end up dropping into it.

100% agree - its there to be won, lets win it

Horrible thread. Don't post rickmcfc.

I remember fretting about whether we were getting in the UEFA Cup via the Fair Play League or not.

We need to do as well as we possibly can in this competition to increase our UEFA coefficient, for next season and subsequent seasons, otherwise, assuming we qualify for the CL for the next few seasons, we`ll be stuck in pot 3.

I'd love for us to win it. I worry about the detrimental affect it could have on the league challenge, but there's no reason why we can't win 4 trophies this season and if the Europa League is included in that list, then I'd be more than happy.

Plus, think about a SuperCup game next August.....

The "Nothing Cup" is pretty much the sole reason AVB has a job at Chelsea. People do take note of successes in it and if we were to replicate Porto last season in it, it'd be an achievement and would in my opinion make us at the absolute least, a 2nd seed in the Champions League next season.

Kaini Industries said:
Horrible thread. Don't post rickmcfc.

I remember fretting about whether we were getting in the UEFA Cup via the Fair Play League or not.

^^^ I agree (except I'll defend Rick's right to post, as long as he bribes me enough, and I've never fretted about anything with City - so there!)

;o)

"be a man"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niP-uHBg-pU[/youtube]<br /><br />-- Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:51 pm --<br /><br />
Train said:
stupid_thread.gif

.. or sleep with the fishes

;o)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.