Can We Opt Out Of Europa League?

Jackson-ctid said:
The "Nothing Cup" is pretty much the sole reason AVB has a job at Chelsea. People do take note of successes in it and if we were to replicate Porto last season in it, it'd be an achievement and would in my opinion make us at the absolute least, a 2nd seed in the Champions League next season.

Well put, it rises your rep overall around Europe.

Great opportunity for the fans to continue watching Euro footy. Not exactly the kind we would choose, but also a good number of fixtures to give a lot more players the opportunity to get a game. It's a gift horse, and we shouldn't be lookin' in its mouth!

I still stand by what I said. Obvious asking to opt out of it is never going to happen, so I hope we go out ASAP or just play the EDS squad. The league is our number one objective this season, not the Europa League. Playing catch up to everyone else is so annoying and also a huge disadvantage. Remember all the threads last year stating it's hammering our league progress playing Thursday then Sunday? It will be exactly the same again. Given the straight choice of winning the league or the Europa Cup, then it's the league all day long. I dont think we can go for both, especially with the stupid game dates that would follow from now until the end of the season. Playing in a Saturday is an advantage over others.

Sorry if my sentiment has been posted on an earlier post (can't be arsed looking) but is the OP suggesting that our ECWC win (the highest point in our history....which was always rated behind the Fairs/Uefa/Europa) was a tinpot trophy not worth winning? Fuck off you arrogant twat you sound like a rag.

HankTheSucker said:
Sorry if my sentiment has been posted on an earlier post (can't be arsed looking) but is the OP suggesting that our ECWC win (the highest point in our history....which was always rated behind the Fairs/Uefa/Europa) was a tinpot trophy not worth winning? Fuck off you arrogant twat you sound like a rag.

Because it's 2011 ffs, not 1970!!! Right here and now winning the league is more important to me and I would have thought most than the Europa Cup!!! When we won it in 1970 it was a huge trophy, now not as big hence wanting the league over it!

rickmcfc. Your talking utter bollocks, thats the shite that utd fans would come out with. !

If we drop out of the Europa League, I forsee that U.E.F.A. wouldn't allows to take part in the folowing seasons CL. If we drop out of the CL we need to go as far as we can in the Europa League to get more points for the next time we qualify for Europe, whether that is in the CL or the EL.

FFS are people serious???

If we win (or go far) we improve our European coefficient, we also get a trophy and a bit of kudos.

Why do people think the Europa is bad but the champs league is good? Is TWO more games, that's all.

The pure arrogance on threads like this rile me!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.