Can We Opt Out Of Europa League?

rickmcfc said:
If we drop down into the Europa League, can we opt out of it all together? Dont get me wrong, it would be great to win it, but its a nothing cup and will seriously hamper our league chances which i feel is much more important. If we can, i say get out asap. If we cant do that, is there any rule which states we must play a certain % of players who were in the Champions League Squad? If there isnt, i would put out the EDS squad and have the first team focus on the league. Thoughts?

Haven't spurs already done that when the competition started sending out any old shite. No doubt Bobby will trot out the Carling Cup side if we end up dropping into the EUFA.

To win the Europa League certainly would help with our European coefficent. As for those who say why are we away after every European match, don't forget we have been at home before every European match, so it works both ways. I would prefer to be at home before a European match as the palyers have less traveling to do, and get a little bit more rest then if they played away.

I posted on here the other week basically slagging of Harry Redknapp for playing the youth team in the Europa League....BUT....if we don't get through the champs league groups I fully expect us to do the same thing

The Mancunian Way said:
FFS are people serious???

If we win (or go far) we improve our European coefficient, we also get a trophy and a bit of kudos.

Why do people think the Europa is bad but the champs league is good? Is TWO more games, that's all.

The pure arrogance on threads like this rile me!

I was about to say, don't you guys want to increase your coefficient so you don't end up in another group of death in next year's CL.

Whatever way that we go, wether by a miracle remaining in the Champs league or dropping down to the Europa League, we need to continue building up our experience in playing in Europe.......

DerTitan said:
The Mancunian Way said:
FFS are people serious???

If we win (or go far) we improve our European coefficient, we also get a trophy and a bit of kudos.

Why do people think the Europa is bad but the champs league is good? Is TWO more games, that's all.

The pure arrogance on threads like this rile me!

I was about to say, don't you guys want to increase your coefficient so you don't end up in another group of death in next year's CL.

A lot of arrogant dicks on here,seem to think were too good for it.

The City team hasn't cracked how to play effectively in Europe yet, last season or this. All European experience is good for all players, as well as for the management and backroom staff who have to organise the away trips to run smoothly. We're still in 3 cup competitions, let's not behave like United!

Sir Alex Ferguson: Manchester United's 1999 FA Cup withdrawal was a mistake

Although Ferguson felt the move benefited United as they romped to the Premier League title by an 18-point margin that season, he remains bitter at the criticism the club received.

Many critics argue that the FA Cup has never fully recovered from the decision, taken as a consequence of United’s involvement in the Club World Championship in Brazil.

Ferguson said: “We did it to help England’s World Cup bid. That was the political situation. I regretted it because we got nothing but stick and terrible criticism for not being in the FA Cup when really, it wasn’t our fault.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...eds-1999-FA-Cup-withdrawal-was-a-mistake.html
Didn't United's arrogance rating go up several notches with everyone else with that withdrawal? And that was a team that had just won the Champions League and was winning the Premier League nearly every year...

HorshamBlue said:
The City team hasn't cracked how to play effectively in Europe yet, last season or this. All European experience is good for all players, as well as for the management and backroom staff who have to organise the away trips to run smoothly. We're still in 3 cup competitions, let's not behave like United!

Sir Alex Ferguson: Manchester United's 1999 FA Cup withdrawal was a mistake

Although Ferguson felt the move benefited United as they romped to the Premier League title by an 18-point margin that season, he remains bitter at the criticism the club received.

Many critics argue that the FA Cup has never fully recovered from the decision, taken as a consequence of United’s involvement in the Club World Championship in Brazil.

Ferguson said: “We did it to help England’s World Cup bid. That was the political situation. I regretted it because we got nothing but stick and terrible criticism for not being in the FA Cup when really, it wasn’t our fault.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...eds-1999-FA-Cup-withdrawal-was-a-mistake.html
Didn't United's arrogance rating go up several notches with everyone else with that withdrawal? And that was a team that had just won the Champions League and was winning the Premier League nearly every year...

United blaming the FA for pulling out of the FA Cup that year doesn't cut any ice with me. I know they were caught between a rock and a hard place with the ridiculous scheduling of that World Club Championship but they could've still entered the FA Cup and played the reserves in the 3rd round match while their first team was away in Brazil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.