can we see some youth please

I can understand that with the importance of points and the size of our squad, there could be a reluctance to try some of the youth players but surely the potential upside is worth having one in the matchday squad at all times. The best of the young players need an opportunity to see if they can make the (enormous) step-up to first team. You never know what you might discover.

Serious question, but where do you think Harry Kane would be now in his career if he'd been in our youth set-up? I think he'd be out on loan somewhere and probably not to a Premier League team.

Since the take over we had 3 different managers who have had different philosophies on how they wanted the first team to play, Two of them have had some kind of influence on the youth team and the club has built new training facilites. I am not surprised with the lack of youth team players being involved and intergrated with the senior team.

bellsouth said:
I can understand that with the importance of points and the size of our squad, there could be a reluctance to try some of the youth players but surely the potential upside is worth having one in the matchday squad at all times. The best of the young players need an opportunity to see if they can make the (enormous) step-up to first team. You never know what you might discover.

Serious question, but where do you think Harry Kane would be now in his career if he'd been in our youth set-up? I think he'd be out on loan somewhere and probably not to a Premier League team.

Totally agree fella, sometimes you have to take a leap of faith, if you include and EDS lad in the squad he must get time on the pitch though.

Its the part of the "project" that excites me the most to be honest is having some home grown Manchester lads make the grade in the future.

bellsouth said:

he wouldn't be in the team he'd either be in the eds or always out on loan. If sterling, barkley and stones were from our academy I doubt they would have played for us either. They need to be given a chance. Unfortunately just like chelsea who have loads of talented young players. i think barely any will get a chance.

uwe rosler 28 said:
SilverFox2 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
There's no one ready for first team football yet especially barker! It could ruin him giving him first team football now he's
Still getting bullied in the kids league! A season out on loan for garcia, barker, angellino, maffeo, bryam, nemame, pozo, cellina all need time out on loan just look what its done for lopes, rekik, denyear!

What about our expensive replacements, were they fit for purpose or would they have benefited from a season on loan to adjust to our football ?

Our expensive signings are all experienced football players that have played at the highest level not young kids still learning there way! Not 1 of the current kids in the youth teams is ready to step up!

Not saying you are wrong but how do you know unless you try them out ?
A 19 year old ran our midfield ragged on sat against Villa because their team gave him a chance and ignored his age.

SilverFox2 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
SilverFox2 said:
What about our expensive replacements, were they fit for purpose or would they have benefited from a season on loan to adjust to our football ?

Our expensive signings are all experienced football players that have played at the highest level not young kids still learning there way! Not 1 of the current kids in the youth teams is ready to step up!

A 19 year old ran our midfield ragged on sat against Villa because their team gave him a chance and ignored his age.

He is playing in a side that is fighting for their Premier League lives.

Ray78 said:
SilverFox2 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:

Arguably even higher stakes than giving one of our youngsters a chance then..

cheddar404 said:
Ray78 said:
SilverFox2 said:

He has played 12 times this season and didn't stand out in the Villa Park fixture against us earlier on in the season and our ambitions are a lot more than being in a relegation scrap. See how he does next season before you judge Grealish's credentials.

Ray78 said:
cheddar404 said:
Ray78 said:

He has played 12 times this season. Our ambitions are a lot more than being in a relegation scrap.
I don't understand your point at all.

Should we stay away from any and all youngsters in lower league teams like Stones because our ambitions are a lot more than being in the Championship/League One/League Two?

Ray78 said:
cheddar404 said:
Ray78 said:

He has played 12 times this season. Our ambitions are a lot more than being in a relegation scrap.

I dont understand what you are trying to imply ?

Its more of a risk for a relegation side to play a youngster than it it for us to. Are you implying that our ambitions our higher therefore we can't play youngsters ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.